Register now to get rid of these ads!

I finally got a ride!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bman416, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Bman416

Bman416

Just wanted to show off my newly acquired 1956 Bel Air moredoor sedan. Its an older restoration I just don't know how long ago it was done. Its got a 305 with a TH350. Runs and drives awesome. Sorry no interior pics but the interior is in excellent shape. A little glass here and there. I just wanted something to drive and mess around with. I got a line on 2" lowering blocks for the back already. I'm just not sure how to do the front. I can't find lowering springs. Would they be safe to cut? Thanks for looking everyone. I'm sure I'll be bothering everyone soon enough with questions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brian

2. monsterflake

monsterflake

a coil and a half off the front should be fine.

flip the tires around, get some fender well headers and a mean(er) sounding motor. don't spend any money on stuff that can't be taken off and put on a 2 door...

3. Congrats on the new ride .......looks like it's going to be a fun summer for ya.

4. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

5. sweet ride man , im with monsterflake flip the tires , the car looks great have fun..

6. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

7. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

8. deedster

deedster

Great looking ride..Reminds me of a 56 a friend had in high school..I do agree with the others, the white letter tires have to go...

9. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Ive always heard to cut 2 coils off the front on tri fives, not sure how many inches it will take you though......................the back of that car looks to be raised.

10. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

nice car! tri-fives are cool.
    i've always heard 1 coil = 2 inches?
    not sure though. i plan on cutting a coil and a half out of my 57 wagon and using 3" blocks out back. should be in the next few weeks actually. i'll post up some pics when done-please do the same, whatever you end up doing with yours.
    congrats!

11. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

2" lowering springs from Classic Chevy International (CCI) in Florida. Same temper just 2inch lower. Then cut em 1/2 coil more at a time to get desired ride height. Bingo!

Attached Files:

12. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Why didnt you just cut the factory springs you already had?