Register now to get rid of these ads!

I feel so bad.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by independentcustoms, Dec 21, 2007.

1. A good friend of ours, Mike Yohe, had a huge stroke of bad luck yesterday, his enclosed trailer carrying everything his family owned, burned to the ground. Mike, his wife, and his son left Rochester NY yesterday morning to move to Minnesota, to start a new life. As they were going through Cleveland, their trailer caught fire and once they had pulled over it was too late and everything went up in smoke. Everything they owned in this world was in that trailer, and now it is all gone. Here's a link to the story if anyone is interested, there's also a video: http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=80173

As a side note, Mike is about 26 years old, and he built that trailer (a 30 foot enclosed car hauler) by hand in my shop, by himself from scratch in about a month. He built it to haul his front engine dragster that we built a couple years ago. Mike is a big time car guy, and this is a huge blow to his family, especially at this time of year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BadLuck

BadLuck

Damn thats sad....at least they were not hurt...hope all works out well for them..:(

3. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Where in Minnesota is he moving???
    Perhaps Mn HAMBers could help?????

4. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

that sucks.my prayers go to him and his family.jalopy jim thats a great idea maybe we can all help a little.

5. Tony

Tony

Damn Mike..that sucks!
    I'm sorry to hear this, but happy to know that he and his family are all ok..
    Let me know if there's anything i can do..

Tony.

6. lrseclipse

lrseclipse
    from Dallas, TX

oh man, that's horrible. I hate when things like this happen around the holidays.

I like this time of the year because I love letting the loved ones in my life know that they are appreciated.

Do you know if they've maybe started some sort of a relief fund or something for the family? Im sure we could could help them out by paypal'ing. if everyone chipped in a dollar or two ya know?

7. What can we do to help? Let us know...

8. man thats terrible but thankfully no one was hurt..

9. malkintent

malkintent

hey i live in southern mn
    let me know if he needs anyhelp. cloths, jackets, kids stuff. coffee maker?
    just pm me.
    that sucks
    mal

10. Leroy0053

Leroy0053

thats crazy....same age as me......anyone know how i could send him some money.....really serious.....ANYBODY WITH INFO ON HOW TO SEND THIS MAN SOME FUNDS LEMME KNOW......PM me or email me at [email protected]

11. Post up some info.
    Sizes of clothing for him and his wife? The kids sizes? Ages? Where are they, where will they be?
    After we get some info, maybe a thread from the mods with a tally of what has been sent? It'd be nice to have a coffee maker, but 27 coffee makers and no pants would suck!

12. Thanks a lot guys for the responses, I know he and his family would greatly appreciate it. I am having a hard time getting hold of him right now, or else I would have more information. As far as setting up a fund for anyone that may want to help out, I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing something like that, but I'm sure I could get something going. I'll try to get ahold of him tonite or tomorrow and get more info. Thanks again everyone, it's really appreciated.

13. Ok, I just got off the phone with Mike, and I have some better info. Him and his wife are actually in good spirits, probably better than I would be (shit, I been in a bad mood just from being at the mall for an hour, couldn't imagine losing everything I own). I told him about what you guys had written on here, and he greatly appreciates it. The original plan for them was to leave Rochester NY and drive to Dover Mn. They have some friends down there and they were going to stay with them for a month or so, until they could find a house for themselves. They were going to keep all their belongings in the trailer, until they were able to move on their own. Now that the trailer is gone, they have nowhere to store things that people would donate to them. I spoke to him about clothing for him, his wife, or his son, and he told me that their clothing was not in the trailer, it was in his wifes car (she was following behind). So they didn't lose clothing. So basically what they own in this world is their truck, their car, the atv that was in the back of the truck, clothing for a couple weeks, a computer (was in the car), and his tool box and tools. I told him that there were some people (including myself) on the HAMB that may want to make a donation, and he was floored that people would actually want to help him. I asked him if he had a Paypal account, and he said he did. So I guess for anyone that may want to help, you can send any donation to [email protected] on paypal. Again guys I appreciate everything, as does Mike and his family.

14. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I'm glad he has freinds to stay with and some clothing. It is sounding better already.

Jim H

15. Leroy0053

Leroy0053

AWESOME THANKS FOR THE PAYPAL ADDRESS...good to hear they are in good spirits

16. damn sorry to hear about this ragu

17. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA