Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I don't get it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Oct 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I like the "Will trade for Cash". I'll have to remember that one. Nice car and I like the color.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

goldenrod_land_speed_race_car_3.jpg Who would paint a car Gold and put HEMI's in it?

Thor1, scotty t, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  3. 34Larry

34Larry

Now in his in box.
    34Larry
    from Federal Way, Washington

I am interested in your 40 Coupe. Please forward all there is about this great coupe.

Thank you.

34 Larry

scotty t likes this.
  4. That happens all the time ,,, someone’s got 15 grand and shopping 50k cars trying to get em for 10.

5. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

6. BJR

BJR

"What else do you need to call the guy ? His inseam measurements ? WTH ?" Quote
    kidcampbell71
    Now that's just funny, I don't care who you are!!!

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

back in the olden days we didn't even get a picture. get this, you actually had to call a person and speak with them on a phone BOLTED TO THE WALL with a curly cord. it was the only one in the house. usually in the kitchen, we had an extra long curly cord so my sister could go in the garage and talk to her boyfriend.

somehow people managed to buy and sell cars by talking to people. crazy I know, but that is really how it was.

54vicky, Thor1, rob-redm and 16 others like this.
  8. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

And I love the color and think the Deluxe looks great. As an owner of a 39 Convertible, I think it’s priced right if paint has minimal flaws.
    If you don’t like the color please don’t buy this one and ruin it. There are plenty of 39-40’s out there. Check out the similar green one.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. turd shiner

turd shiner
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sticking up for me. You probably saw me at sins of steel. Old man with a gold 40 and a Hamms in his hand. See you next year.

10. turd shiner

turd shiner
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Come on buy, I'll buy you a cold.one.

11. Or how about when you would find a car in Hemmings and would contact them via US mail and have to wait a week for photos of the vehicle? And then return them if not your cup of tea.
    Things are so much easier now when it comes to buying or selling.

12. Your car is killer...and I meant old in the nicest way possible..this is coming from a 50 something person...what the hell am I thinking...I’m old

Hamms....Minnesota’s finest

13. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your car's way cool with the gold paint, the Hemi and all the rest. I like it a lot but, your taste in beer leaves a lot to be desired.

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

SSAE remember that, newbies probably never heard of that, Stamped Self Addressed Envelope. If a seller posted a phone number you knew he was a semi professional, and stepped up and spent the additional seven cents for the phone number listing. Bob

15. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Wasn't bad beer when Theo Hamm still controlled the brewery. Those steel barrel cans made swell velocity stacks.

alanp561, kidcampbell71 and scotty t like this.
  16. I love 40 Ford Deluxe coupes, and I think this is a pretty car. I had a 39 standard, and had a serious case of 40 Ford envy. I would love this car, and as long as there aren't any serious issues, which would show up on an inspection, I think it is priced reasonably well.
    If I was going to pick at anything at all, it would be that I was always crazy in love with the old chevron tail lights, and even though these tail lights look nice, they wouldn't be my first choice.
    I think the gold looks great.

Bob

17. I love cheap beer!!:D

and gold HEMI 40 coupes!

flatheadpete and kidcampbell71 like this.
  18. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I'm moderately interested in your car, but, I don't like the color, and I can't tell what size the engine is but I'm too lazy to call you and ask, and, I don't have $52K either. How about trading it for a glass '34 roadster and case of Hamm's?

54vicky, alanp561, rob-redm and 4 others like this.
  19. turd shiner

turd shiner
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Keep the glass roadster, bring 2 cases of Hamms. The more we drink, the better that gold looks.

20. You seem to have a lot of negative posts 34Larry, perhaps you should look in a mirror for the answer instead of crying on here. Seriously, grow up. People like you make me wish I were a moderator.

21. Grain Belt anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Well, I don't drink beer anymore, I love the gold 40 but would love it more with Torque Thrusts and blackwalls, but I ain't got $52 right now, much less $52g, so I'll just have to admire it from afar.

scotty t and kidcampbell71 like this.
  23. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree on the gold HEMI 40 coupes but you probably have a stash of Old Chicago in your refrigerator, right?

24. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

OMG...this turned into a fun thread. I'm gonna take Turd Shiner up on his offer soon and go empty his fridge. Then I'll prolly refill it for him!

25. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amen brother, a satisfying morning read.

Take-home messages seem to be:
    1. Make an effort to contact the seller before slandering his name on a public forum.
    2. Do not judge another man's beer preference.
    3. Try to gain a little appreciation for shiny gold car color.
    4. Do not jump into this stream if you have a thin skin.

26. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

27. No but my stash is probably just as bad.

28. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I love these threads. I'm feeling traditionally nostalgic for the old HAMB. :p Lippy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.