Register now to get rid of these ads!

I dig this Merc!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Peter Pan of Chicago, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Here's a Merc at the Detroit Autorama. It's radical and very Kool. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Another

Attached Files:

3. Last one.

Attached Files:

4. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

I wanna see a pic with the doors shut. Think they might've fucked up a perfectly good merc with those doors like that. Looks like marty mcfly wanted to be rockeriffic...

5. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

wasnt that car on ebay like 1 year ago?

6. Muttley

Muttley

Those doors look like shit. [​IMG]

7. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

The last pic looks like a scared bird running away & squawking while it tries to get airborne!

[​IMG]

8. candyman

candyman

There is alot of really great work done to that car. I can do without the seat and interior. I love the color of the paint. I wouldn't do a car up like that but shit... I have seen much uglier shitboxes before...

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been digging the Merc for along time. Last time I saw pictures of the Merc it was painted a pagen Gold. I like the Packard taillights and would like to see them light up. I bet it would require a high amp alternator.

The pictures that you posted is proof that kustoms look better with the Doors and hood shut.

Thanks for sharing the pics

Happy Trails,

Mick

10. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

K.I.T.T. called...he wants his steering wheel back! [​IMG]

11. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

I love the color. Show only cars whats the point, if ya dont drive them why have them?

12. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

My theory has always been if you look at a car (or anything else) any part that takes your eye away from the whole picture, is wrong!! with that merc all I see is parts. its way to busy to be cool IMHO
    The interior is pure 50's the trim around the doorlooks like a 50's gal with her slip showing [​IMG]

13. nailheadmerc

nailheadmerc

just because it can be done doesn't mean it needs to be done. i like parts of the car but the doors and interior are just wrong. straykat said it right.

14. That gold Merc is radical like I said. It is hard on the eyes, but I liked it's early sixties look. It's not the traditional way most Merc's are done the we love. The gullwing doors remind me alot of Charlie Lopez Merc featured on the cover of Street Rodder magazine in the late '70's. Whatever happened to that? The last I saw it had a red candy paint job and he cut the center section out of the roof and inserted a red tinted glass panel. Ugh!

How's this:

Attached Files:

15. Nice ass shot!

Attached Files:

16. the only mod i like on that car is the tailights... everything else looks like shit..

steve

17. Rocket88

Rocket88

Somehow, that's just wrong.
    The maroon Merc on the other hand, is very nice, love to have it in my shop.
    What is the crest under the door?

18. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Simple is better on a custom. I'll take the red one. But to be honest, I'd take a bone stock Chevy Fleetline over either one of them. Most custom mercs wind up looking like an over stuffed pillow.Then I'd do something like this. Built and painted by a friend of mine Eldon Halford. It's actually a Bronze color. Lighting brought out too much orange in the picture.
    [​IMG]

19. Smokin Joe, that is a really tuff Fleetline. I really like that ride. I always liked cars with canted dual headlights. [​IMG]

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One reason why I like kustoms, is when they test your imagination. I look at them as works of art and I don't want to see every car done the exact same way. Yes I agree there are some kustoms that go off of the deep end. I drive a Merc that some would say fits this mold. If I had my choice between the '51 Convert or the wild Merc, I would have to choose the wild one. I can just see myself driving the Merc to Tulsa on Saturday night, parking at cruise night and seeing the people freak out when I open the doors to get out, and when the tailights light up and .......see what I mean. I like Kustoms that test the imagination.

Good question what ever happened to Charlie Lopez Merc?

Happy Trails,

Mick

21. sawzall

sawzall

dammit olds grilles belong in oldsmobiles...

damn hot rodders..

22. DeadFast 33

DeadFast 33
    from Santa Cruz

Where is the contenetial kit, that would complete the east coast fuck up of that car. Sorry just my oppion!?!

FLIP

23. [ QUOTE ]
    Where is the contenetial kit, that would complete the east coast fuck up of that car. Sorry just my oppion!?!

FLIP

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont make fun of the east coast, Just cause we have some ass holes who dont know when to stop.. Doesnt ruin the whole east side!!!! [​IMG]

24. plmczy

plmczy

What's the magenta and white car sitting next to the maroon merc,which looks good by the way? later plmczy

25. The Fleetline looks good! The golden Merc? Sorry, but that one I would not waste the film in my camera on..

26. old beet

old beet

Color is cool!!.......OLDBEET