Register now to get rid of these ads!

I did a little more car hunting this week...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mastergun1980, Jul 11, 2012.

1. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I told my self I wouldn't go car hunting for a while so I could get some work done on my projects.... I had been doing real good but I fell off the wagon this week. I ended up buying 2 different things, both worth getting, but both totally un nessary to my current builds .... I'll show them to you in the order that I got them.. First is a hay wagon made on a 48-52 F-1 frame. I was able to pull it home , I had to remove a bout 500 lbs of scrap off it and probablly 1000lbs of dirt, Then I removed the decking and took pictures... I then removed all the frame work for the decking.. The way I see it there is the 11" bendix brakes, f-1 spindles, f-1 transmission crossmember, And the best part is The scrap should be enought to pay me back for the purchase price!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Second I bought a car I have been wanting for years but never knew who owned it until recentlly... Turns out it's my nebighor! I have mentioned to him that I would like to have it and he seemed pretty unintrested in selling it, but the today I ran into him and he said he was read to sell! Now I am the proud owner of a 1956 Ford Parklane 2-door wagon! It's windows are all gonw, and roof has been jumped on, the tailgate is rusted out, no motor/ trans , But the fenders, rockers, quarters, hood, and trim are nice! Missing the front seat as well, it's rought to say the least, but from what I've read these were produced in low numbers 15,000 - 17,000 . Either way I'm happy .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OK OK OK I'm gonna try real hard to quit car hunting for a while. Step 1 is admiting I have a problem....

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looks like the girl next to wagon, your Daughter?, is crying saying No Dad-No! (Ha!). yep there are too many "deals" out there to save them all. have fun in your spare time.

3. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Diggin that Ford!!!

4. Deucecoupe

Deucecoupe

It's a disease. I've had it for years.

5. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

It's worse than that - If you look close that's her camera! She has the same disorder I do ! Maybe it's genetic!

6. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

That Ford is freakin' cool...

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

Awesome score!! Oh and thanks for the diagram you mailed me!! Perfect!! :D

8. George G

George G

Love the wagon!

9. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

10. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

11. rld14

rld14

I have the same sickness. Except you live in a rural part of Oklahoma and I bet it's not a huge problem to find places to put them cars :D

Love the wagon, and yeah, those aren't too common at all.

12. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

looks like good shit to me lol

13. bollcosett

bollcosett
    from new york

I've had it for years.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Squablow

Squablow

The Parklane wagons were one year only and really cool, basically a decked out Ranch wagon with Fairlane trim. I think it was supposed to compete with the Nomad, and in '57 they changed the name to Del Rio.

All the glass is gone anyway, and it needs roof work, so how cool would it be to cut the roof height down to hardtop height and use a hardtop windshield in it, then hardtop doors and the 'basket handle' trim from a Crown Vic over the top of the roof, basically a Crown Victoria wagon? With a glass top roof insert even? That would really be a Nomad-beater.

15. Is it my imagination, or are longroofs getting more desirable?

16. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I downloaded the pictures from my daughters camera...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I think the picture opf the fender is te picture she is taking in the picture!

18. 66cayne

66cayne

once again the addiction runs it's course...

19. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

That Ford wagon is friggin' cool!!!!

Any plans for it yet?

Ed

20. They are gaining in popularity as a lot of us remember riding in the back of these as kids.

The '56 Parklanes are indeed rarely seen wagons and were produced only one year,,you did good! HRP

21. Huntin for cars? Hell i didnt even know they were in season!

22. They're ALWAYS in season!!

23. Don't know about your neck of the woods but car hunting season is year round in the Sunny South!:D HRP

24. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

love the parklane 2-door wagons, so many possibilities and the body looks pretty straight, good luck!

25. flynstone

flynstone

shit lately they come to me..............it sucks i cant say no

26. Gromit

Gromit

Love it... though I would have removed the toilet parts before photographing lol! Cool car!

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One of my buddies had a wagon like when we were in trade school with a 352 in it. Until he put the 4 speed in it I think Hedders on here may have towed him home several times after he blew one of the many three speeds he tore up in the car.

That framework off the top of that trailer would make a pretty nice frame for a work table.

28. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

In 56 they were a Nomad beater. Ford 15,186 Chevy 7,886

29. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

It's always car hunting season here! I just have to be careful and not go over my limit! I recentlly got rid of 6 cars so I have a little space for extras, I don't have any real plans yet.... But I do have a 292, and a nos edelbrock 573 3-duce intake.....

30. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Cut roof down to hardtop height: Brilliant! With that beautiful Fairlane trim, it would just be the perfect augment to the styling direction it was 'destined' for.

I love the 'cutwater' grille, (I have had 4 '56 Fords, converts & Vickies, and the lower top is proportional with the '56 body!)