Register now to get rid of these ads!

I.D. these cars . . .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JonnyRockets, Mar 24, 2005.

1. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

2. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

The one to the right is an Oldsmobile '52? and the left one looks like it has an Imprerial insigna on the grille.

3. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

that grille in the left one is WAAAAAAAYYY cool!
    Im thinking imperial, 61-63?

4. 1961 Mercury. Other is an Olds alright
    Noticed you are from Sask. That Merc will more than likely be the Canadian version called a Richelieu.

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I'm guessing it's a 1961 Canadian Mercury.

6. Here is one we have.

7. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

WOW!

quick replies!
    thx!

couldnt figure out the one on the left. the emblem (crown) was throwing me off big time!!!!

you guys know your shit!

8. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Canadian Fords are so fascinating. I recognized the body lines and was going to say "Meteor" but it didn't mesh with the whole crown thing.

Far cooler than Canadian Pontiacs.

9. One on the left looks like a Monarch. The emblem is a crown. Fordnutz.

10. It would be a Monarch.

Bigcheese: And what's wrong with Canadian Pontiacs???? Fordnutz and I happen to each have real neat (and rare) Canadian Pontiacs.....

Johnny: Where in Saskatchewan are you from????

11. So what's a Richelieu then? Mercury Monarch Richelieu?

12. The Canadian Versions of American cars had names that just don't resonate corectly for Americans. It's a little mindfuck.

Canadian Ford truck's would be badged as Mercury's
    Dodge Trucks were Fargo's

Chevys were badged Bellvue?
    Pontiac had Arcadian

Mopar had Plymouths with Dodge front clips and Dodges with Desoto Front sheet metal.

I think it all came about because of Canadas high protective tariffs regarding the importation of finished goods.

How much trouble do you friendly Canadians have bringing cars and parts from the states?

13. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

I have wanted to find all of the Mercury Trim to put on my 62 Unibody. That would be cool. I seen one in (Would you believe it?) Turkey a few years ago I wanted to get a picture of it but I seem to have had the camera where I couldn't get ahold of it in time whenever I seen it, What a pretty little truck.

Dawg

14. I have a hood ornament from a car that I was told is a Canadian version of a Merc. It's a lion's head... about a foot long.

Is that a Monarch?

JOE:cool:

15. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Fordnutz and mr57 - A Monarch Eh?! The lines on the car are kinda neat - I'm from Saskatoon. I actually pass through MooseJaw a few times a year.

Are any of you guys coming up to S'toon tomorrow or Sat for Draggins Car show?

16. Would like to be there, haven't missed one since 1981, but had a death in the family. Will be there for the Superrun, though.

17. krooser

krooser

I wonder...were '28 - '31 Canadian Fords called "Model 'eh's"?...Just wonderin'...

18. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Nope the Chevys were Pontiac Beaumonts and it was the Acadian Canso aka Chevy Nova :D here is a link on Canuck GM's www.classiccanadianbeaumonts.com
    i lust after 68 Pontiac Beaumont SSD's Ponchos with factory BB 396 Chevies,farkin weeeird eh.

19. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

We don't see many Canadian cars down here. The coolest one I've ever seen was a 63 Pontiac S/W Parisian? It had a factory 409:) A 421 would be bigger of course but I just thought that was cool.

20. Flatlandman, is that one you are parting out? I may be interested in that grill if you are.

21. Mr. 57. Sold my 57 Pontiac sedan delivery. Going to Kelowna. Too many projects.

Johnny. I am going to be at the Draggins Saskatoon show on Saturday. Putting my T-tub in the Majestics show in Regina next month.

Bye the way, I have a 60-61 Monarch grille at the farm as well. Not sure of the year. Pat

22. JonnyRockets

JonnyRockets

Wish I could come see the t-tub, Will be on my honeymoon! Maybe next show. Does MooseJaw have a car show anytime over he summer . . . Must be a shitload of finished cars around there! I'm going to make a post with a couple pics from Draggins there.

23. Canadian Caballero

Canadian Caballero

As you guys said, this looks like a 1961 Mercury Monarch Richelieu. I am quite interested in this car. Does anyone know where it is and if it's for sale?
    [​IMG][/quote]