Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical I can't post scanned pictures lately

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldmountain, Aug 6, 2019.

1. goldmountain

goldmountain

A fellow Hamber wanted an article from an old issue of Rod & Custom and since I had it in my collection, I scanned it and tried sending it in a PM. Lately I've been getting the message "security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again." I'm not smart enough to figure out what to do. Someone help?

2. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

I think there’s a problem with the site. I posted earlier today that I’m not getting notifications.
    Don’t know what’s up

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. jnaki

jnaki

Hey G,
    Your scanned pages must be saved as JPEGS for best results. Then copy and paste to the PM space and the bottom of the whole page will tell you that it has been accepted as a png. (That is the cuckoo part, but it works)

upload_2019-8-6_9-59-32.png see below the page box for verification: upload_2019-8-6_10-1-49.png
    Then, from that point on, you may copy that photo or scanned photo from your files and paste it anywhere in any story that you write. It is always easier to paste onto a Word Document first, save it as a jpeg, then you can copy the photo and paste it on the HAMB posts or conversations.

Jnaki
    Through many trial and errors until success for all photos and scans. I only use the laptop or home computer to do scans and posts. Not so successful with a tablet and definitely never with a phone. Those two never have good results for me.

4. squirrel

squirrel

yup, check the file type of the scanned photo. If it's .pdf that's probably the problem. You should be able to select the file type and size when you save it. But all scanning software is different, so we can't really help more without being able to look over your shoulder.

5. I give the cyber world two chances.
    After that, I print on paper and send it snail mail.

Texas Webb likes this.
  6. I haven't posted a picture recently, but I found that sometimes it can be because the jpeg file is too large. I had problems posting a 300k sized jpeg picture, and found the problem must have been somewhere in the jpeg compression process.
    I changed the photo program, and that solved the problem. I belong to sites related to other hobbies, and have never had problems posting to these other sites with this software.
    Use the properties selection, and check the size of the file you are attempting to post. The file might not be properly compressed.
    PS, I use Linux, so the name of the program I had a problem with won't be helpful.
    Bob

7. Quick fix would be to email it to him. Slow fix would be to check the file type and size and correct if that is the problem.

Charlie Stephens

The Shift Wizard likes this.