Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I can't get out of it!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soon there will be salt on the streets. Ain't no way I'll drive on them until April when the rains wash it all away. No heater needed for me. Hell, I don't even have door glass!

lothiandon1940, Tim and loudbang like this.
  2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Rocky...you nailed it.Congrats..... you deserve it.

lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  3. Dennis34

Dennis34

I dont know which is the most fun, building them or driving them when there done (done?) I enjoy both alot.

loudbang likes this.
  4. Mrs Rocky had something to do right after dinner tonight so I took my coupe out for a 10-15 mile cruise around my area. It's so much going up through the gears on those dark, lonely stretches of hiway. The quickchange sings like an angel....sorta. I stopped down at the little strip mall and took a few photos. Then I put it away....turned back and clicked a picture. Might be the last time it goes out 'till next spring. I have a list of stuff to fix or improve this winter. 34night10_18.jpg 34nightrear.JPG 34nightgarage.JPG

RMR&C, lothiandon1940, Tim and 4 others like this.
  5. Well, I knew it was gonna happen some day. I'd be involved in a flaming crash with my coupe and today was the day. I calmly drove to Walmart for some bagels [Bubba's Bagels are the best!] and parked in the lot....scored a parking spot up close to the door.
    When I came out I loaded my booty in the cars' s trunk and got in---fired it up and looked all around....nobody coming so I began backing out and BAM! Looked in the mirror to see Elmer and Babs in their 90 Buick shitbox [rear wheelwell lips rusted off] in gleaming beige....right up against my 84 year old sheetmetal! I moved ahead and shut if off and walked back to their car.
    "DIDNCHA SEE ME?" The old guy huffs at me. I sais "If I'd seen you I'd stopped." and that cooled him down a bit. WE looked his shitb--er, car over to see a 2 inch scratch in the paint of his plastic bumper cover. He agreed it wasn't too bad and his wife was trying to smooth him down a bit. She asked me if I was going to look at my car and I told her no, I didn't want to see it 'till I get home. The ol guy smiled and shakes my hand and says no harm, no foul. We both went away.
    When I got home I looked my car over to see a little bend in the license plate and 2 little divits in the roll on the back panel. I caught him with the rear frame rail hiding behind the license plate....no big deal. Whew! Crisis averted.
    Turns out Elmer and Babs were parked in the handicapped parking behind my car. They pulled a U-turn right into my backing car....assholes 34walmart10_18.JPG 34walmartdamage10_18.JPG

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well my like is only an acknowledgment that I have read and viewed your post...it sucks...hope your internals are okay...glad it wasn't more serious.

loudbang likes this.
  7. Nah, nothing seriously hurt. A little bondo and paint work will make it good as new.

8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's great you'll be back to racing Squirrel in no time...;)

loudbang likes this.
  9. Alright........I'm officially out of it. The weather is going to be cold and snowy all week and next so I'm going to put the car on stands and begin winter's tear-down. Need to make some repairs/improvements.

chevrod, HOTFR8, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  10. I lied....took the car for it's last ride of the year this afternoon. Car hated the cold temps! With no thermostat, the temp gauge never got to 130 and ran like shit! I pulled the car into the garage and immediately drained the radiator and both block plugs. The engine is officially drained of coolant and will not be fired again until I run a compression test, check all the rod and main bearings, replace the leaky ass rear main seal, check the clutch, repair the transmission etc etc blah blah, yadda yadda. This thread is now done because I actually can get out of it....till next spring. 34nov 18.jpg 34teardown11_18.jpg

Thor1, Tim, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.