Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I can't get out of it!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 34savethesalt9_18.jpg 334andars61.jpg Since I got my 34 ford coupe running, I can't stop driving it! Oh, I still work on it but damn! I drive it to get a new bottle of soda. Jump in it to go visit my buddies and we have cruise nights 6 nights a week and that doesn't count the weekend car shows. Hell, I go out and leap into it just to go for a little cruise around the 'hood. Today, I lowered the air pressure in the front tires and had to road test the new inflation rate...for 2 hours!
    I drive it to work and park it right out front....a ford at a Chrysler dealership! Only been operational for about 2 months and I've already changed the oil twice. My wife said she'd getting a little chapped because I'm never with her...she won't ride in it because it doesn't have A/C. Heh heh.
    I promised tomorrow is for her but Saturday morning is the Speedway Motors coffee clatch thingy in their parking lot in Lincoln. If it doesn't rain, I'll be there. Put another set of Quick change gears in it yesterday[3.54s] so I can boogie down there on the interstate if I want. Man, I LOVE driving this thing!!!

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't blame you. I'll leave that to Mrs. Rocky...lol.
    Coupe looks cool. Looks badass from the rear...chop, louvers, quickchange...
    Have fun. Don't forget where you live...lol.

zzford, Hnstray and Max Gearhead like this.
  3. I don’t blame you,what a kool rig!

seb fontana likes this.
  4. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Rocky, That first picture is straight up Adult..... Enjoy Brother!

seb fontana likes this.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Rocky...you have worked very hard to get this project rolling under it's own power...enjoy the freedom (You are)...I was out tonight myself in vintageville (the envelope of Hotrod) and I don't need any reason just turn the key and go...and I did...felt good...that's what its supposed to feel like...

6. Mine has been done for 2 years now, I still feel the same way.
    Our long winter will be the only reason I stop.

7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Got it made!!!

nunattax, Stogy, 1934victoria and 3 others like this.
  8. Enjoy the fruits of your labor..........every chance you can.:)

9. The fruits of your labor, hard work pays off.
    This year i finally got mine to the same point. However, the Northeast has had record breaking rainfall this year, 2 days without rain is unheard of here lately!
    Glad you're getting some road time. Badass coupe, louvers are reet.

10. ..........................Someone mentioned that it has only rained 3 times this Summer.................July, August and September!!!!:eek:;)

pat59, Doctorterry, Stogy and 8 others like this.
  11. HotRod euphoria..oh what a feeling!

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Awesome and cool! Glad for you.

13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Living the dream. Well deserved. Great looking Hotrod.

14. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good for you, the car is bad ass.

-Abone.

Doctorterry, Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. Really nice driving now without the summer heat making it tough. I drive my Ford all over the place too. Gassed it up last night... a weekly ritual. I probably average 100 miles a week and this is after work hours and on weekends.

Stogy likes this.
  16. 392

Great looking ride. I know the feeling I can’t get enough. Work, hardware store, grocery store, and longer and longer trips. Enjoy.

Stogy likes this.
  17. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Yeah, the "good life" can be hell

Stogy likes this.
  18. BJR

BJR

"My wife said she'd getting a little chapped because I'm never with her...she won't ride in it because it doesn't have A/C. Heh heh."
    You may want to put air in it to keep the lady of the house happy. It could turn ugly later on if you don't.

classiccarjack and Truck64 like this.
  19. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ain't it great!

20. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Cooler weather is here, take her for a ride.

Stogy likes this.
  21. 2935ford

2935ford

That's why you built it! :)

Stogy, Jalopy Joker and RMR&C like this.
  22. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I got mine on the road last year and if I don't start it at least every other day I feel like something is missing. I thought that when I got it on the road I was done working on it, but I think I work on it more now, Loving Life.

Doctorterry and Stogy like this.
  23. jnaki

jnaki

Hey R,
    We would love to drive around your coupe in the fashionable, So Cal hot rod scene. That is one cool hot rod. But, as we all know, it takes two to tango and if no A/C is the big hold up, get it done. We were married for several years and driving in So Cal without A/C all of our lives. But, when the word came "down from above...I need A/C", then our next hot rod and daily driver car had to have A/C.

We had been through the factory built-in custom A/C ( the kind with the windows rolled down and the vents opened to the max. We even bought those back cooler wire seat cushions for air flow all around.) But, we definitely needed A/C on the next hot rod. Our next 40 Ford Sedan Delivery luckily had a 327, 4 barrel, auto trans, and A/C. That was one happy wife and cruising companion forever.

Since most of the time the hinged hood stays closed, your 34 still retains the old time fender less hot rod look. But, cruising to those away hot rod events in cool comfort goes a long way to happiness in the family. Plus, you will arrive at work daily, fresh as the morning breeze on those Midwest humid days. A cool hot rod, plenty of power, windows up, hair in place, clothes fresh and ready for the day's work all within reach of using A/C. What is not to like?

Jnaki
    Dang, that is a nice 34...even without A/C. It is the likeness of the early Mooneyham/Sharp coupe from Lakewood, CA, back in the days.

24. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

So you're saying if I talk to Mrs Rocky there's a chance it might be for sale ;)......what's her phone number? :D

kbgreen, RICH B, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  25. Car looks fantastic! I'd drive the wheels off too!

chiro and Stogy like this.
  26. Dang Rocky, that rings my bell, A/C or not. A 2 hour cruise to check tire pressure suitability can not be considered as excessive....

chiro, kbgreen and Stogy like this.
  27. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Not much matches the feeling of driving something you have built yourself. . . Enjoy it bro!

Sent from my E6810 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chiro, wackdaddy and seb fontana like this.
  28. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Got it made, Got it made, Got it made----COLL COOL COOL!:D

Stogy likes this.
  29. It's been a long time coming and you gotta make up for lost time, it's my pick for Hamb car of the year. :D HRP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.