Register now to get rid of these ads!

I cant find these f#*%$@g BOLTS- UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

If you can open the threads up to 3/8, you can use the stainless steel "sidewalk bolt" from all points. As I sit here and measure one at my desk, the head thickness is 1/8 inch, 1 inch major dia. at the head, and 7/16 inch to the flat to bevel transition. I wish I could figure out how to post a pic. Go to the link and check it out.

http://www.allpointsscrew.com/catalog/hurricaneHardware.pdf

If it is what you need and they wont sell to you I can order them. You pay my cost and the shipping.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  2. What about forgoing that style and countersinking the hinge and using countersunk Allen's? These would alleviate and head interference problems and not use hardware that barely holds together Chinese furniture.

3. 31, try accurate screw machine, remember they are called- Hex Socket Pan Head. 1-877-285-2181

4. Richiestix

Richiestix

Did you try ACE Hardware? just saw some similar there?

5. Take a pic from a pdf file, that's harder yet.
    The The ones on the first page I'm assuming?
    They have lotsa goodIes too.
    Did you see those snazzy nickel plated wing nuts?
    Bookmarked great link

6. Just spoke with Jim, he said " no such thing" in reply to "hex socket pan head"

7. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

I have some of that stuff sitting in the warehouse as odds and ends since I do hurricane shutters. (The 3/8 and 1/4 inch stuff) If you need a couple of something to try let me know and I'll see what I can find. It gets expensive having that stuff sit on a shelf so we order per job. Hit me up on the Private message in case I lose this thread.

8. Counter sinking eliminates any adjustment and that requires 100% accuracy on the placement of something I can't see when it's in position. I'm not liking furniture bolts either

9. badshifter

badshifter

If you pm me the specs, I'll have em made for you next week. I'm friends with ARP and Federal Manufacturing (Boeing bolt vendor) and I can get EXACTLY what you want. A286, Inconel, whatever. It's not a maybe, it's a for sure.
    John

10. Ok will do,

11. You can cure that issue by drilling oversized holes in the door jam where you are attaching the hinge and then using a threaded backing plate that can "Float" behind the jam. Snug the countersunk bolts, move the door into place and then gently open it and tighten the bolts. All is good.

12. Grilleguy

Grilleguy

13. That system will work only on one side of one hinge, thoroughly extinguished that thought on the other surfaces. Only covers 2 of the 8 hinge mounts

14. No answer at crown bolt for 4 tries in 2 hours

15. Dennis D

Dennis D

I have 12 or so in stock. At home now so I can't look till Monday. Sounds like the guy that will have the made for you is the way to go. If you don't want to go that route PM me and I can sell you them from our company on a CC. You were calling the Crown forklift dealer, right? Business ain't that great that you can ignore the phones. At least not here, anyway. Dennis D

16. I Finally did it get ahold of them today.
    Crown lifttrucks is in new Brennan Ohio(so) asked for Cleveland area distribution hub. Gives me the number for that parts house . Guess who answers the phone over there?
    My aunt! ! She's been there for decades. She hooked me up with the parts counter and got 1 ordered for Tuesday.

If they work I can get thirty for Friday or Monday.

Pending further inspection seems my problem is reaching a conclusion.
    Thanks Dennis.

17. Thanks for your help everyone, I ran down every new lead.

18. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I can see why they use them in correctional facilities. The cons can keister-stash cell phones, but O-those-Allen-Wrenches! (Ouch!)

19. banditomerc

banditomerc

20. Dennis D

Dennis D

Hope they work out for you. I have used a few forklift parts in my build so far. Thought I snagged a pretty neat old e-brake handle off of an old Yale, but it turns out it is to tall to use in my car. Good luck, Dennis D

21. ems customer service

ems customer service

Lets get this story straight you ask all the hambers where to get these bolts and you aunt answers the phone at the place the hamb suggests???

Hmmm?

22. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

Didn't know these were for hinges. You definitely don't want what I used.

Sounds like you have it sorted now.

23. mr crocket

mr crocket

If you are not in a big hurry call Dack Ind in Ct 860-589-5266. They make a lot of specialty stuff. All they have to do is throw some more packings behind second header at end of run to get head dimensions you want.They make a lot of stainless for marine ind.Cant hurt to send a fax with dimensions and see what they say. I ran cold headers for years and thats really easy to do. good luck

24. That's it , in funny kind of sort of round about way. When folks with different backgrounds get together one of two things happen, drama or progress. Today it was progress. Never in a million years would I have thought to ask my aunt about bolts. I didn't actually, but close. I've called there for forklift specific parts. Because a hamber in MO recognized the photo and got a part number that's why. Not because my aunt knew. But that's another tool on the box.
    I'm gonna be telling this story for years. I worked my freaking ass off for them bolts, east coast west coast Canada Poland middle east far east, drawing figuring plan ABCDE.

25. Dennis D

Dennis D

Crown sources these from General Fastener. They are probably on the web, but this may be a place you have to buy them by the gazillion to get a dozen or so. Dennis D

26. First post has been updated.
    Look for update in red.

Thanks Dennis

27. updated