Register now to get rid of these ads!

I can not reply to a wanted add

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by hotrod--willys, May 22, 2013.

1. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

I have a part that a member is asking for on the wanted section. I have tried to send him a reply but I get a this message WTF:confused:

hotrod--willys, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

2. -Brent-

-Brent-

No one can post on classified but the original poster. It was a change put into place a while back.

3. Muttley

Muttley

You must reply to classifieds by PM.

4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

5. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

In the Wanted section a member was wanting a part. Like a nice guys like I am. I sent a PM to him about the part that I have to sell. I have not gotten a replay. Not a word. Not a how do you do. not a kiss my ass. Nothing. I will not sell my item to him if he begs me for it. Is all I wanted was to help this MAMB member out. But not even a word back. Screw him :mad::mad::mad:

6. Sound like you might be asking a whore-house price for the part he needs ... sorta the reverse of a tire-kicker. Could that be the case?

7. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

If the price was to high then get back to me. I'm over 70 years old. I had to get up in my attic and go through all my stuff to find this part. Then I had to take photo's of this part. Then I had to post these to him. all in all about an hour of my limited time on this earth. Just out of F*&^$# courtesy is all he had to do was say FU on the part. Nothing
    :mad:

8. Some things are just not worth getting upset over ... this sounds like one of those instances. Later!

9. drumyn29

drumyn29

Well since he didn't want the part, I'll take it!

10. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

Sam. I guess your right;)

11. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Before all that could send a short pm of "Hey I got it, interested?"

No response? Don't do all that other stuff.

Although if I had a wanted ad out for something that typically would sell for 100$ and some dude offered me one for 1000$, which is more courteous? Not responding or responding sarcastically? Cause there is no way I could take someone seriously in that situation.

Somewhat related: There's a dude down the street from me with a 70's TBucket body on literally the biggest piece of shit frame I've ever seen. It has a VW front suspension on it and no rear end. Body, frame, suspension he wants 10k for it. Absolutely convinced it's worth 10k.

12. .........Did he say that he saw one just like it sell on B/J Auction for 15k so his must be worth 10k?!

13. Sounds like somebody needs to cut back on the coffee.

14. hotrod--willys

hotrod--willys

Yes. I feel so much better:D

15. Chill out if you want to see 71,,nothing to get that upset about. :D HRP

16. jazz1

jazz1

Well thanks,,i thought it was just posters from my planet who could not reply to want ads.

17. I wouldn't get too worked up over it. People are different these days about getting back to you. I have a complete 50 Chevy I'm starting to part out. I checked the wanted listings here and found 6 people looking for various parts. I also looked at the parts on my car to make sure they were useable, not to waste anyones time. Only one out of the six has ever bothered to respond and that one said he found the part already but never updated his ad. Just have to expect that today.