Register now to get rid of these ads!

i broke my freakin arm.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JimSibley, Oct 4, 2011.

1. mink

mink
    from CT

How does this thread manage to still be around. It has nothing to do with traditional hotrods.

2. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

if you head to physical therapy you will find yourself thinking that therapists are the cruelest witches in the world! I actually had one say "oh, does that hurt alot? then do that alot!" she was right though, suffered through the pain and came out the other end walking fairly well cosidering the damage my ankle suffered. hang in there and come back strong just to SPITE them! :D

3. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Jim, I wish you all the best for quick healing and painfree therapy. Take it easy til you get that right hand/arm up to speed.

Dave

4. drumyn29

drumyn29

don't tell modelkitbasher, he'll try and have you sell the willys to him at a discount rate.

5. damn heathins! get well soon Jim!

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeez Mink, relax! Jim produces at least a third of all Traditional Hot Rod's and at least does some work on the rest so I think it has plenty to do with trad Hot Rods!!

Doc.

7. JimSibley

JimSibley

Dang mink,
    my post was about building the 41 willys, and how it will be slow going with a broken arm.
    Next time I will be sure to break my arm in a way that fits nicely into the perameters of a traditional hotrod site.

8. So I suppose I shouldn't ever say to you good luck, break a leg ?:cool:

9. metlmunchr

metlmunchr

Did you break off a piece of bone in the joint, or just split the bone?

About 25 yrs ago I did a header off the deck of a crane I was working on, about 10ft to the ground, and stiffarmed the ground with my left hand with all 200# pushing it. Split the bone in the elbow joint, but no pieces came off.

3 weeks in a cast and then had to use a torture device for half hour twice a day for a while to get back full extension of the joint. Took a while to get back the strength in my arm, but I'm 60 now and the elbow never gives any trouble at all.

If your injury is similar to the one I had, think long and hard before you let them talk you into a joint replacement. If you have good insurance that's the first response of a lot of docs. First one I went to told me mine needed to be replaced.

Got a 2nd opinion and that doc said it may give me trouble eventually and the joint may need to be replaced at that time, but he didn't recommend replacing it until I knew for sure whether or not it was going to give me trouble. He said the real joint at 80% is better than the world's best artificial joint. I went with his advice, and there's never been one second in the last 25 yrs when I thought maybe I shoulda had the joint replaced.

Good luck with your recovery.

10. RichG

RichG

Too bad that bone wasn't made out of metal...:D

11. fanspete

fanspete

Williebill is right, us lefties (physically only for me!) almost have to be ambidextrous. Hope you heal up OK. I'm 47 and play roller-hockey, this past Fall I had a 12yr old ask how old I am, I told him and he said he thought I was 25! Feel old-get old.

12. Im a lefty also. Ive broke both arms at different times. I put a magnito from a case on a H farmall the pulse was a little off. so it was either late or advanced. So the timing was a little far advanced. I was hand cranking it and the kick back broke my left wrist. I about a yera lateroverturned a different H tractor when doing a fast turn locking one rear brake and cutting the wheel sharply (trycycle front end) poisidon adventure on level ground! Any way the seat landed on my right wrist. Now heres the kicker my sons teenagers at the time set the wrist,s and splinted them. They swelled up pretty big. Never even went to the doctor. didnt have the money. They are a little crooked but the match? i mangled the little finger really badly working on a disk. I pulled off the loose skin& flesh packed itwith cotton from the truck seat and taped it up with black tape. It healed very crooked but works fine. looks a mess. I have broke several ribs messing around with wild horses and a collar bone too. never went to the doctor wit any of those injury,s. Golden seal is a good thing to take when you have broken bones. Any way is it just leftys that do dumb things and break bones? OldWolf

13. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

Definitely! I love watching those ball-crusher videos on TV tho LOL

14. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

I go to sleep and wake up hurt now. I'll never hang the skateboard up. I owe everything I have to it.

15. pitman

pitman

Well, fair is fair Mr. Sibley, in the next build contest. As long as the right one is tied behind your back!
    Heal up there Bud!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011