Register now to get rid of these ads!

I bought my dad the Anglia {NOW WITH PIXS}

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Indocil Art, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Indocil Art

Indocil Art

I know a lot of you guys thought this sounded like a shady deal but here is what happened. Due to the old mans health they are selling every thing the old guy has. Flathead ford stuff, 3 40 fords and an assortment of other 4door 70s crap. Every thing went cheap but this car because my dad jumped so hard to say yes. The Anglia was his wifes. I was not going to buy this car when she wasn't there because she didn't want to sell it I was doing it so she didn't have time to change her mind, the car will sit here until I am sure it is safe to work on. The old man had the paper work and called his wife and said he had an offer for 2500 on the car and she said yes. The car was gone before she could change her mind. He signed the bill of sale and gave me some type of old title that was signed open by someone else. I am going to run the numbers and try to find the original owner. I HATE A THIEF!!!! I did not look at this blindly but I wasn't going to let it get away. The car is no creampuff by any means but it has the foundation to build from. To any one else it is a 200 dollar piece of crap. If nothing comes back on the numbers or the owner I may change the vin from a car to one I buy that I know for sure has no problems. Not to hide any thing but to protect myself and my dad. I am going to photo and document everything and I will save all the original numbers with the documentation that I did everything in my power to make sure this was legit. Here is the plan and hope you guys don't think I did any thing shady

2. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

good luck! and have fun.

3. chopped

chopped

It's not unusual for a car to go from person to person and not be re-titled. It's just that no one tagged it. Probably nothing to worry about. You did good!!

4. Dino

Dino

Don't worry about the title thing. I've bought several that were never transferred into the seller's name. It's not unusual. Hope your Dad enjoys the car!

5. Dirty2

Dirty2

Congrats !!!!

6. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Anglia VIN .. http://www.angliaobsolete.com/page1.html

CC

7. plw

plw

Nice job. Hope your Dad enjoys it. It'd be nice if you can work on it together.

8. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Then you good to go.......the old man and his two faced lying wife can not bother you.....the car was never in their name.

Here in South Carolina....you can get " Title Only "
    It is a legal binding title that is JUST like the regular titles issed by SCDMV but you do not have to have insurance........and you do not get tags.

DO THIS....... as soon as possible

It will establish the ownership of the car.....and IF you ever lose the title....no biggie...the state has it on record and will issue a replacement for a small fee.

There are two SCDMV locations in Rock Hill.

305 Hands Mills Rd & 1070 Heckle Blvd. Suite 100

The Hands Mill location is open on Saturdays....329-6332 is their phone number..Better call first......because today was a Holiday.... :)

9. brandon

brandon

10. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

what are your driving now. ??? sure you dont want to build a nice street gasser for yourself....

Thought I might see you at Charlotte.. I was ready to say yes to your offer.

11. Ramblur

Ramblur

WHAT??? You gave some psychokitty 2500$ for an Anglia that you intend
    to turn around and give to your old man?

Only one word for you man,

RULER!

12. Yo- Indocil Art! Your almost as bad as my wife - you've got my attention with the single word of "Anglia"....but....like they said in the movie Grease...tell me more tell me more! What year? How many doors? Is it bone stock or? By the way, your dad is one lucky guy! It reflects that he raised you right.Good Job!:D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

13. Spook

Spook

14. Indocil Art

Indocil Art

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is. I am going to start cleaning it up soon. I will keep you guys posted!

15. Dirty2

Dirty2

Very GOOD score.

16. 2manybillz

2manybillz

Looks like a great start. If I'd known about it I would have been looking at it. Sounds like you did OK on the paperwork too. Now ya just need a blown hemi!!!!

17. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

That's gonna be a bitchin ride :D

18. the old lady was right , you got it too cheap ! NICE score ,your ol man is a LUCKY man for having a son like yourself ,He did good

19. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Nice looking body on the Anglia. Wish mine had been that nice to begin with. If I can help you with any thing drop me a P.M.
    I'm helping a buddy of mine build one right now. He has had it for about 10 years waiting on retirement so he would have some time to work on it. All of his floorboards and about 6" of the bottom of the body have rusted away on his.

20. bigken

bigken

Looks mighty fine, my man. Anglia's have always been my 'fantasy' toy. But, bein' 6'2, 270#, would most likey be a bit confining. I look forward to the progress pics, and again, heck of a jesture to dad.
    Congrats.

21. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thats a hellof start man, what you mean a pile, shit that is excellent, glad you got by the old gal.............enjoy it and your dad............

22. hershambob

hershambob

hey zorro how ya doing,robert

23. Track-T

Track-T

Hmmmm,All this AND a "letterhead" too.

24. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

You saved the car,made pappy proud and happy....you did great!!

very good score.

25. Olson

Olson

SCORE! Damn I'm glad you didn't listen to us jaded sumbitches that told you to walk away from the wanker lady.

Keep us posted...I wanna see the look on dads face! :D

Olson

26. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Me too. That's gonna be a preiceless moment that will live with you forever! Hulluva job man.

27. Indocil Art

Indocil Art

my buddy called and said dad called and asked about some of the things the old guy had for sale. Dave the buddiesaid just about every thing was gone and some arrogant little asshole bought the Anglia. Dads reply was good now maybe I can stop thinking about it. Man is he in for a suprise

28. Capt. Zorro

Capt. Zorro

Hi Robert, glad to see you on the HAMB. I'm still working at the Fire Dept. and fooling with old junk cars when I'm off. Got a new Model T coupe awhile back and am trying to get it up so I can roll it in and out of the garage by spring.
    I've been helping J.B. with his 15yr. Anglia project. Got the frame welded together a couple weeks ago. Going to narrow his 9" this weekend if everything goes OK.
    Are you guy's coming back to the States for the car shows next year? Patti always asks when "The Limey Lofers" are coming back for dinner. She's been practicing making "Skones" again...

29. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Anglias only have 2 doors.. you add 2 more you get a Prefect....

CC