Register now to get rid of these ads!

I asked "THE" Rocky and he said I can keep RockyJr

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by RockyJr, Feb 19, 2005.

1. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

Howdy yall... glad to have stumbled into this place...think I'll order a pitcher and get to know everyone. My name is Rocky Burris Jr. My dad's been building cars for years and years so I guess I can't help but follow along, learn what I can, and do my best to make him proud. Hopefully my son Rocky III will follow suite and we'll be able to share the interest like me and my pops have...R3's already got a pretty sweet hotrod pedal car his Papa got him last xmas so we're doin are best to bring him up right.

Here's my 55 special lovingly referred to as "Special Ed" ...he's a kool car but he's a little slow. 264 cu nailhead and a rebuilt dynaflow.
    [​IMG]

Larry James (HAMBer name OutKast) and his boy Ryan painted the car for me last year. They've got a shop her in Wichita called FlyinEyeCreations

I plan to run down an affordable 322 from a 56 one of these days.

I also have a pretty kool 55 f-100 that I mustang II'd with the help of my dad. It has torqthrust II's on it right now and some pretty kool kustom tailights I made from 59 cad and 37 ford buckets. I recently picked up a 61 chrysler grille and some dual headlight from a 62 olds off ebay. It will eventually get a 401 nailhead but right now a 350/350 driveline is doing the job. It needs to be chopped still and suicide doors. 50's kustom theme for the truck would make me really happy. I'll post some pix soon enough.

2. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

3. jangleguy

jangleguy

Hey Junior, welcome from Rockys brother. I was gonna call myself Rocky Jr, then considered Pebbles, and Bullwinkle, but settled on my god-given name instead. When I saw your post, I had one hand on the hotline to our army of weasel lawyers, but then I saw the '55 Boowik and figured you must be OK...
    Hope you have plenty of fun here, and learn a thing or two.....

4. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

Thanks for welcomes. I found a couple of pix of the truck on my other computer so I uploaded them to the website. I've been drivin the hell out of this truck for the past few years. I bought the buick so I could park the truck long enough to get some done on it.

[​IMG]

I was planning on chopping the top over the winter but i'm running a little behind schedule.

[​IMG]

I've got a set of chrome smoothies going on pretty soon. I'd love to have a set of white walls but I'm pretty well tapped in the finance department at the moment.

here's a couple more pix of the buick since I finished the grille

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Tman

Tman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Velcommen, as you learned, we take some things seriously around here. Rocky happens to be a cornerstone of what the HAMB is (shit, that will make his head swell!) about. If he is cool with your name, so am I.(although I bet it still will cause confusion)

I dig the rides man.

6. Greeting's from another Flatlander. Wichita seems to have quite a few HAMBer's running around, maybe I need to move south.

Farmall

BTW Buick looks good.

7. robster

robster

Welcome to the Hamb - that Buick is bitch'n dude and your daily driver is pretty damn sweet too

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Might be a little confusing, but hey, look at the plates on the truck.

Welcome aboard. Nice Buick and truck.