Register now to get rid of these ads!

I am new am Angel

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by AngelR, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Hi my name is Angel I new in to H.A.M.B
    I have make some hot rods for costumers and personal rat rod and hot rods I like this website and all the projects you people do I will post some work of my projects thanks [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Looks like a lot of nice work coming out of that small 2 bay shop.
    Just a word of caution about posting here - This site does not do rat rods at all so just stay with traditional Hot Rods & Customs of 1965 & earlier. The rides you show here are just fine and what we do. What year is your COE? Could you post a close up photo of the hood emblem it has? I am trying to match up some old Chevy uniform patches to model years
    Jimmie

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Jimmie, I'm not affiliated with the OP, but the COE is 41-46 Chevy.

Angel, Nice work! I, too, like the COE. I love 41-46 COEs...will be looking for a cab/hood soon for a special project...

Welcome to the HAMB!!

4. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

1946 CHEVY PATCHES.JPG I thought that looked like the 42 car patches but it was just not clear enough for my old eyes to tell. I have some in many of the old Chevy years but a few I just have not completely identified all the models & years they were used on. I am still looking for more of the 46 in any size to go on my club shirts & jackets.
    The photo included here should be the patches for that emblem as well as the 46 car.
    Thanks, Jimmie

Attached Files:

5. Thank for the welcome i will post the picture of the hood chrome

6. I have the original steel hood for the coe but the one in the truck now is fiberglass

7. i have not find this chrome online or in the shows i thing is just in the 1941 to 1946 chevy coe

8. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Ok, Yours is different that what I thought it was. The photo I posted is 42 car but totally different than the truck.
    I will post another that should be the cars just prior to 42. They are still different than the one on your COE but are closer than the others. I do not have a lot of great straight on frontal pics of the old trucks to compare.
    Jimmie

Attached Files:

9. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

I just looked in both my chevsofthe40s.com and fillingstation.com paper catalogs & both show the 38 car/truck hood emblems for sale. They look identical to the last set of pics I posted.
    Chevs of the 40's also has a separate truck catalog which I could not locate right now to see if they had something different there. But both of these companies have online websites and their catalogs can be viewed there.
    You may just need to have your emblem re chromed to get it perfect. Not sure if you have too much pitting for the following to work but I have wadded up a ball of aluminum foil and rubbed out pitted chrome on a couple of items to where it is hard to tell there was any pitting. It is not permanent but not hard to do a few times a year to keep up appearances on chrome. It works for me.
    Jimmie

10. 343w

343w

Welcome to Hambland.