Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hypothetical question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ghost of ElMirage, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

I know it's been talked about quite a bit in the past. But I just wanted to get a fresh perspective on the subject of fiberglass bodies. If you were going to go out and purchase let's say a 30 tudor pheaton glass body,what company would you buy it from? As far as I know Gibbon is the only one that produces one ,but I haven't heard alot of positive comments about Gibbon products since the old man passed away. And I never see any steel tudor phaeton bodies for sale. Thoughts?

2. metal man

metal man

If you want one, get a Gibbon...and if it is lacking in any way, fix it. I think you are right about Gibbon being the only producer of them. Do they still make them?

3. metal man

metal man

This one belongs to my buddy, John ( A tub on here ). It's glass, and it is a super cool hot rod. If it were upholstered, it would be real tough to tell it's glass.

Attached Files:

4. spooler41

spooler41

You might check out" Westcots" for the body you want. I think they offered one in their
    catalog a few years ago.

.....................Jack

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I don't have an answer for you but just wanted to tell you I like looking at your avatar. :eek::D:D

Don

6. firemansteve

firemansteve
    from AUSTRALIA

Check out DEUCECUSTOMS.COM.AU from Australia they make a 2 door 32 tourer body and are real good quality.They where making bodies for Boyd at one stage,they might have a supplier in the US.

7. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

good point Metal Man and yes Spooler, Wescot's makes one but it's a Fordor and I'd really like Tudor and pretty reasonably priced at 6700 bux not that I am made of money that is. Thanx Don aren't they sweet ?! Thanx Firemanstve I will check out DEUCECUSTOMS.COM.AU
    Ghost

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  8. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

Sweet wish I could enlarge that pix. What's his HAMB handle?

9. I had a 1932 Gibbon body 3 window coupe and a 1939 Gibbon convertible,,both were well made but that's been some 20 years ago. HRP

10. metal man

metal man

"A"Tub There are pics in his album.