Register now to get rid of these ads!

hydro help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slamchop, Mar 15, 2008.

1. slamchop

slamchop
    from San Diego

Just got this rod running was an old circle track racer,and turned it into a late fiftys 1/4 miler but the hydro is acting up.I know its got to do with the throttle linkage and I read the tech archive for hydros but anyone on here run a cable or ? to make it work decent?Its like a giant rubber band going down the street...Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

you could run a cable if you want.
    all you gotta do is make sure the throttle valve lever on the side of the transmission (the one that isn't the shift lever) is pulled all the way forward at full throttle,and all the way back at idle.
    hell,you could rig a choke cable to do that if you want,and push it down when you need to put on the brakes.
    kinda takes the "automatic" out of it though...:rolleyes:

3. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Running a choke cable on the street sucks. I tried that and learned that somethings that are done on competion cars don't work on the street too well at all. I would use a set up of linkage or a cable tied into the carb linkage rather than a choke cable for street use.

4. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

5. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

u could use a cable if need be, just put a return spring at the lever on the tranny so that it returns when the engine is at idle. I would rather just use the linkage that is adjustable.

6. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

7. slamchop

slamchop
    from San Diego

Thanks fellas...fixed problem with a bike brake cable hooked to the throttle linkage....95% bugs worked out...

8. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

That thing is going to be a killer looking little car... any pics of it from the side? Can't wait to see the utube burnout video!

9. slamchop

slamchop
    from San Diego

Whats up Preacher?Hope all is well...Heres a pic and i'll Pm you my new email.

Attached Files: