Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hurst Auto Stick - need a measurement/Selector lever

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INJUNTOM, Nov 2, 2017.

1. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Have my Old Hurst Auto Stick, but somehow lost the rod and the selector shaft lever, so I'll need to make one or hopefully find one with the the same specs if I get lucky.

Hoping someone can tell me the center to center spacing of where the rod goes in and the transmission shaft center line.

Thanks, Tom

1Nimrod and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. greybeard360

greybeard360

Helps to know what car and trans it is for.... All applications differ.

Sent from my Moto G Play using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

1Nimrod likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

you should be able to figure it out. Make a fake lever by just drilling a hole in a piece of flat stock, and bolt it to the transmission shift shaft. Make a fake rod, that is longer than it needs to be. Hold the rod against the lever, where you think it ought to be. Move the shifter through it's full travel and measure how far the rod travels. Then mark that spot on the lever, and measure how far it travels when you move it thought it's full range. If it moves too far, then pick a closer spot, and try again. You'll figure it out pretty quick

1Nimrod likes this.
  4. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

TH400 Trans. Didn't think about that. Thanks for the input so far. Hoping someone had one sitting around waiting to go in.

1Nimrod likes this.

5. squirrel

squirrel

mine slipped away 25 years ago

1Nimrod likes this.
  6. 30panel

30panel

Got a full can of selector shaft levers, mostly hydro style. If your close, come take a look. 93003
    Mike

1Nimrod likes this.
  7. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

IF you have a Hurst Auto Stick ONE, I can help you out, as I only have four of them; all for TH350 or TH400 transmissions. I will run out to the garage/shop right now and get some measurements. I shall return!

OK, on the lever that bolts to the transmission selector "stud", it's 2-1/4 inches center to center on the levers holes. TH400 rod is 15 inches long with 2 inches at one end threaded for adjusting; the TH350 measures 16 inches with the same amount of threads on one end. Course the rods are "bent" to fit the transmission shape on each, but you can probably fudge on that a little. There you go.

I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    1Nimrod and squirrel like this.
  8. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Thanks a ton guys - Butch, that will help me dig through my stash.

1Nimrod likes this.
  9. kbuhagiar

kbuhagiar

Hello Butch, you have mail, Auto Stick 1 questions...thanks!

1Nimrod likes this.