Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Hurst 3 speed floor shift help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KustomRocket88, Apr 29, 2014.

1. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Please don't chew me out on this question.

I'm having an abnormal amount of trouble trying to find linkage for a Hurst shifter for a 1963 Chevy. I am getting sick of seeing "Saginaw 7 bolt side cover," the saginaw didn't come out until 1966....

The linkage I need is for a Chevy Borg Warner T-85 3 speed manual transmission. They were beyond plentiful back then...can anyone point me in the right direction toward shifter linkage?

I found the Hurst Mastershift shifter...
    I'm getting the feeling it's universal....but if it can work, it will work. Just need the linkage.

Any help is appreciated here.....thank you.

2. I had a real-deal Hurst Comp Plus in an old Ford Galaxie with the T85, no idea if they're still available though. Just piece-mealing the linkage to an existing shifter is a can of worms I prefer not to open.

Bob

3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

IF it's the stock 3 speed in the car, it's a Muncie 318, not a BW. The BW T-85 was a 64-66 produced transmission used in Buicks, Jeeps, and American Motors cars. If it is a T-85, same story as far as a shifter. The shifter "tower" will all be the same (Hurst), only the levers, rods, mount would be different. Try that auction site we all know and love for a used Hurst for your application; something like a Synchro-Loc. I don't think you'll be happy with ANY of the "universal" shifters. Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  4. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

I'm on the lookout for linkage - thanks guys. It's a BW T-85 though!

5. Post some pictures of everything that you have, that will be a big help.

Bob