Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hurricane Matthew

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 6, 2016.

1. I hope all you guys that are in the path of Hurricane Matthew stay safe and do what you have to to protect yourself and your familys.

The coast of Florida,Georgia & South Carolina are in for a major hit. HRP

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We get our share of issues and are not immune to ole mother natures wrath...but yeah thoughts are with all of you who are in this behemoths crosshairs. Get your families & hotrods in a safe place.

3. They're talking "historic" storm. Never want to hear that. Hunker down. Thoughts and prayers go out to those in its' path.

4. chargin03

chargin03

No problem yet near West Palm Bch fl. Thanks for the well wishes.

dana barlow, HOTRODPRIMER and Stogy like this.

5. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

Things just now starting to heat up. Still light rain. Winds reportedly will hit 100mph by midnight. Some mandatory evacuations but not in our immediate area. Lots of good info/news on TV and on net. More later.
    Frank in Melbourne

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

Never thought hurricanes were that big of a deal until Hurricane Alicia hit Houston. It kicked our butt we lost shingles, fences, trees and power for a week.
    They are touting Matthew as the Mother of all hurricanes to hit the US. We have a beach house in the Florida Pan Handle and fortunately dodged a bullet with Hurricane Hermine a few weeks ago as it hit about 75 miles east of us. Y'all stay safe.

Gary

HOTRODPRIMER and Stogy like this.
  7. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

I have all the windows boarded up.both generators tested,lots of spare gas .I always have emergency food and water.If the roof stays on I should be OK.I have lived here all my life and have been through a number of hurricanes but never one of this magnitude.Appreciate the good wishes HRP.

8. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

We are in the middle of Georgia and all 4 lanes of I16 will be westbound only Friday for the people to get out. Word has it hotels are filling up around Macon already - 2-1/2 hrs away from the coast. I pray all will be safe and those needing to find shelter do.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

bobg1951chevy, HOTRODPRIMER and Stogy like this.
  9. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

HRP this is going to be a big one. We,re hunkered down. The house is boarded up,sand bags are in place. Pantry fridge and freezer are full . Everything that's not bolted down outside is in the shop with the car,s . Also got my case of beer and bottle J.D. wish me luck.

Sent from my XT1526 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

1475801497960.jpg

Sent from my XT1526 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. We are just sitting and waiting have every thing put way and cooler full of ice frig full of eats, and a few beers and the generator fueled. Good luck and God bless every on that's in this storms path.

13. hope all is well.......today.....and tomorrow......

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. F&J

F&J

Good plan, Looks like just the soft side is gliding/riding along the coast.

All Hurricanes cause loss of life, but this one is now looking much better for the Fla coast, rather than like Andrew that came right in at 90 degrees to the coast at high speed.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. Sprockmonster

Sprockmonster

I heard Parris Island was evacuated completely till after the storm. USMC recruits will continue training after it passes.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. jim snow

jim snow

We're as ready as can be.Stay safe everyone.Snowman

17. upspirate

upspirate

UPS Jax and Orlando has shut down/laid us off tonight.Only seen that happen once in 43 years I've been there back when Charlie or one of those other 4 'canes blew through here a few years back

bobg1951chevy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. BZNEIL

BZNEIL

Good luck everybody! Be careful Gregg Pellicer, There saying the storm surge is going to go from ocean to river. My parents are down by the light house but are staying with a friend in Debary tonight. Ill probably be coming down Sunday to help with the cleanup. Give me a shout if you need some help.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  20. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Hope that storm surge stops at the river. I'm 1/4 mile west of the river. I'm sure the next 36 hour's are gonna be a little rough just have rain right now . Storm is supposed to hit hard starting at 2:00 tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the offer.
    Gregg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. They are expecting it to get rough in Beaufort,South Carolina and in preparation they have evacuated the Hospital. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

My wife just saw a FB post from my nephews son who lives in Fla. ( unsure where), said the closest available motels were in New Orleans Louisiana.

23. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Passed here in Miami with out much of anything but small gusts an rain,every thing looks back to just rain now,lucky it stayed off shore here. Sure hoping others up the cost do well.
    Put up all the shutter I had,but two windows I could not cover do too my own falt,I let those two plywood shutter go bad by not keeping them in a dry place over the 6 some years of not having to put them up. I'll fix up new alum. ones to replace those in the am,all the rest of mine are already alum,cuz there showing this crazy storm could do a loop an come back to south Florida by tues.

24. Saw on the news that some hotels were trying to charge $599/night and fuel was $6. Atty General says illegal.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Danny...I meant to E you today, just to say stay safe back there. Looks to be a rough one. Be vigilant and safe everyone.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. Caprice89

Caprice89

Wish you all well from the Netherlands.

Leaking oil? No, sweating horsepower

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. I have seen on MSNBC that food stores, gas stations, hotels, motels are really digging into the pockets of these residents in harms way. Just sickening !
    One hotel manager being interviewed states he was told by his CORPORATE OFFICE to triple the prices.
    That is really sad plus that manager will probably be fired, once his CORPORATE OFFICE sees his TV interview.
    My thoughts AND my prayers will be with all you H.A.M.B. folks affected.

28. Thanks Ron,I'm in the upstate of South Carolina and we will get some bands of wind and rain but a minor inconvenience compared or what the coastal areas are facing with storm surge,heavy rain and high winds. HRP

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  29. That particular motel is not corporate,news media was on that one fast,it's privately owned,heads will roll as they should. HRP

lothiandon1940 and bobg1951chevy like this.
  30. Thoughts and prayers for all you guys in the states this sucker is supposed to effect. Seeing the beginnings of it’s effects on Florida, it will probably be pretty bumpy ride. Hope all those on the Barrier Islands come out okay.