Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunting for Pontiac Parts - Need Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Swifster, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Swifster

Swifster

I apoligize if this is in the wrong area, but I'm on a bit of a time crunch. I'm hoping this is OK as the parts are not for my car.

As most of you know, I'm a vintage car appraiser for a couple vintage car insurance companies. I'm having a hard time finding a couple of pieces. The victim is a 1962 Pontiac Catalina 2-dr hardtop. It was T-boned on the right side at the door and quarter panel. Needed are a complete right quarter panel and right door. While I doubt anyone here has these parts just laying around, I'm hoping someone may know of a good vintage salvage yard near you that has vintage cars. Bonus points [:D] if you know of a yard that specializes in big Ponchos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Not sure if I have exactly what you want or not but,
    I think I have the largest, or one of the largest, private collections of old Pontiacs 1955-1981, close to 500. Not a business but, a serious collector.

Keep my website and email handly if you, or anyone, is looking for Pontiac stuff from this era. I also have some vintage Buick and Olds parts too.

[email protected]

I also host the largest annual Pontiac gathering in the western United States and have the absolute quickest Pontiac ( with factory block ) at 6.77 and 200mph so far.

also make competition supercharger drives and components.

Street
    Strip
    Marine

Also , A Pontiac museum is in the works too.

Thanks,

Steve

Hosting 11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az
    <DIR>more info- www.pontiacheaven.org
    Also hosting- 7th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! and swap. Drags, cool car show, parade, special exhibitions, gassers, rails, stockers, customs and much more. coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az -This is Arizonas longest continuest running nostalgic event, our 7th year! www.nostalgicshowandgo.org
    </DIR>

3. octoberflames

octoberflames
    BANNED

OLD GOLD JUNKYARD 352-542-8085 or oldgoldcars.com. they are in old town fl. i had a 62 catalina 2 dr and got quite a few parts from them-great parts, nice people, but hold on to your asshole for the $$$.

4. I had one of those a few years ago. Shouldn't be that hard to find one with a bad frame somewhere to cut up -

5. Swifster

Swifster

E-mail will be sent. What I need? A complete, right side quarter panel, including the rocker panel to the A-pillar, cut oversize so that the panels can be trimmed to the factory seams. It needs to have the exterior trim and window regulator and glass. It needs to be rust free.

The door also needs to be complete with glass and regulator. This poor car was hit hard. All of the quarters I've found have had a lot of rust.

Octoflame, I'll try Old Gold tomorrow and see what they have. I'm trying to help out a guy in Columbus, OH. He was hit after buying the car at the Turkey Run in Daytona last November.

Thank you to everyone who has responded so far. Keep the tips coming...

6. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

applekrate (Steve) - do you have a website? Always looking for Pontiac things.

Are you faster than the Farmer? He's fast, and a down to earth good dude.

I love me some Poncho's.

7. Low Speed_

"applekrate (Steve) - do you have a website?"

Yup www.pontiacheaven.org

"Are you faster than the Farmer? He's fast, and a down to earth good dude."
    If you are asking about Arnie Beswick? Am I faster? Yup, as stated, quickest Pontiac EVER with a factory block at 6.77. I use a '59 389 as my base for my engines. Planning to go in the 5s.

So far, 2 have gone quicker but, with aftermarket ( modern ) Pontiac blocks- 6.62 and 6.59
    My little '59 389 has much more in it.

Also, Arnie, uses corporate chevy engines in his 'pontiacs'. It's a rat motor with pontiac valve covers. In his instance, I do not capatalize 'pontiac on purpose. It is what i have termed "corporate nonsense" a nice way of saying bulls*&T. He has run chevy engines now for over 15 years and i do no longer consider him a Pontiac man.

Thanks,

Steve

I love me some Poncho's.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Measure twice. Cut once. Buy

8. also try indianapontiacs.com. steve specializes in full size.

9. Swifster

Swifster

TTT for the day crowd...

10. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

Pontiac Heaven is a great start...

www.indianapontiacs.com has a few old pontiacs to choose from also for parts/etc.

There are def. more diehard Pontiac sites out there you can find if you google. :)

11. 53chevy

53chevy

Great info fellas. Thanks!

Ken

12. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

2afbs,

sorry, I did not see your post, excuse the redundancy...

13. Kerry67

Kerry67

Steve (Applekrate) is the king of Pontiacs in my eyes. Plus, he is a cool guy and his events are a blast. I have been to his yard a few times and I don't know where to look first he has so much cool stuff sitting around.

14. hold tight,there could soon be a pontiac slim to the rescue!

15. Swifster

Swifster

I sent an e-mail to Steve, so I'm just waiting on a response.

16. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

17. Try Fletcher Pontiac in Gassaway, West Virginia. He's got buildings full of Pontiac stuff and a hillside covered with cars.

Jim

18. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hit up Flattopbob

19. thunderplex

thunderplex

Is this the RED Catalina with 8 lugs that was t-boned during the Turkey Run in Daytona?

...a 1961 door is the same as a 1962. I gave away a super nice 1961 ventura frame last year. they're out there.

...man that was a nice car.