Register now to get rid of these ads!

hunnert car pileup quality of cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by airbag, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airbag

airbag

I really appreciate the fact of the czars putting on the pileup, but i do question some of the cars that get into the pileup. I did read the rules and it said all cars are need to be traditionally built cars, since when do ALL chopped up truck cabs, and any four door with the hub caps knocked off be considered to be TRADITIONAL. Is there anyone else that feels the same?
    PLEASE BRING BACK THE SWAPMEET.

2. So, one of the coolest shows has over 1,000 cars roll in and not all of them were to your liking? Damn maybe you should start your own gig and only let in cars that you approve of.

3. The Road Rockets ran the south gate from 9am to 11am. Before the cars got to us there was a group on Inspectors who critiqed each car as it came up the south drive.

It's a judgement call on the part of the inspectors. A job that I would not want to have to do. Overall, the volunteers and and Czars did a great job.
    A big thanks to all who helped make the last major show of the season in the midwest a success.

4. ryno

ryno

what did you drive to the show?
    post up a pic of your ride.

5. airbag

airbag

i attended the road rockets show also and loved it, maybe i do not appreciate complete rat rods, and the rock a silly people that drive them. no disrespect to the people that make the show happen, or the volunteers. just voicing my opinion.

6. airbag

airbag

my car.

Attached Files:

7. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

some of the pics i saw,would lead me to agree airbag,it didnt look good,maybe the pics were photographers choice but still what i saw looked a bit dissapointing.just an opinion

8. fanspete

fanspete

OK kiddies, from now on if you go to a show or a race, remember to be a good little comrade and only speak positively about it.:rolleyes: Geez

9. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

The whole thing is blown out. All over the U.S. the quality of cars has gone way down hill. Its no longer about style, engineering, or skill. its al about shock. Who can bulid the biggest piece of crap out there. The stranger the better. Hell its all become a fashon show. A bunch of dudes piled into a four door shit heap with a cheetah print dash. Its no longer what it should be car guys getting together to talk cars. Or dare I say drive them. I build cars to enjoy them, not becouse its in style or cool. PBR and cuffed pants. What the hell.

10. joebuick

joebuick

I heard there were some cummins diesel powered cars this year????????????? I don't know what thats about.

11. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

I call them UFO"S.. Didn't go to the show but smell what your cookin..

12. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

13. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I tend to agree in part about some of the cars that came through the gate. I worked the parking at the south gate when the day started. I was able to see what did and did not get through. A bone stock 58 Cadillac 4 door complete with hub caps was allowed to enter. I have always loved the Cadillac and this was a very nice car. Traditional what traditional was this? stock original. I would bet if we drove our traditional hot rods to the original stock /restored show the Cadillac would get in, we would be turned away.
    In all the cars I witnessed through the gate only a few were not hot rods and most were built as they would have been pre-billit days.
    Just my thoughts, still in all the greatest show on earth.
    Thanks Czars for another great show.

14. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I think maybe after a while they were letting stuff in regardless to help ease up the congestion . Nate I came by and checked out your coupe pretty nice

15. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

i heard more than one person saying 'what is that' or 'i dont know what that is / was' while looking at one of the tacked together 'rat rods'. seems that there was quite a few cars put together with the intention of out 'rat rodding' the others. modifications for shock value. the large majority of the cars were impressive though. thanks Czars.

16. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Amen I agree with all of the above:D

17. well what were the rules for the show? I'm pretty sure a bone stock 58 Caddy was pre-billet so there you go.. from what others are bitchen about I would think a slick lookin Caddy (even a factory one) would be a welcome sight among the sea of "Rats" everyone keeps talkin about..

18. airbag

airbag

once again i think the pile up is the best show of the year hands down. does anyone have any pics of these (so called cars) i am referring to, just to show justify my point.

19. The rules did state that no stock appearing vehicles were allowed. We had two club members turned away last year in modified but stock looking cars. I did see a few stockers, and even one/two street rods, but I enjoyed them a lot more than the "headscratcher" rodz.

20. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

And so it goes. Whining because 'ya don't approve of somebody else's ride? If 'ya can't walk on by what you don't particualarly like, go home.

21. airbag

airbag

you were not even there. relax
    you are posting on something you were not at.

22. ryno

ryno

very nice.

23. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Yes some crap got through. Don't look at it. Jesus.

24. Anytime you put on a show with "rules" as to who gets in and who doesn't and then you have "gate keepers" . . . not everybody is going to be happy. Some cars will get in that don't follow the "rules", some will be kept out that do. As long as there are opinions and egos involved, there will be some that are not happy. As long as the spirit of the show is maintained, it is cool with me . . . I like traditional rods.

Sounds like it is a fun gig . . . maybe I'll give it a try when my coupe is complete. Only problem . . . somebody might not like a couple parts on my blown 57' 392 . . . the blower snout is billet, the idler pulley bracket is billet and the blower pulleys are billet. There is no way in hell I'm running a chain drive or 6 v-belts, so if this keeps me out, though shit . . . I built the car for me, nobody else and there is no better drive option than the way the blower is setup.

And by the way - my flathead 59L block that came out of the Kenz and Leslie streamliner . . . had billet aluminum water pump block off plates . . . yes, in the early 50's . . . wanna see em?

25. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

I remember the definition of a horse show;

A bunch of horses, showing their asses to a bunch of horses asses.

Car shows breed contempt..........who needs 'em?

26. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I wasn't at the show, so I can't talk directly about that, but to the guys getting on airbag for voicing his opinion:

Chill out. There's no problem with complaining. Yeah, I'm sure he can walk by the rats, but why should he have to? I don't see where the problem is in asking for what you want.

It's kind of like government; if you say it's not a big deal when the government starts taking away your freedoms, they're going to keep taking away freedoms. If you don't decide where the country goes, someone else does.

To draw a parallel, if you don't tell people how you want the show to be, then someone else is going to determine the future of the show. I don't think anyone hear wants to see more tacked-together crap at a show. So what's wrong with standing up against it?

Shame on the apathetic! :D

27. Indeed, and that's the point.. my shitty little anual local show had 500+ cars and i walked by a bunch of them cause they weren't my "cup o' tea" but i didn't once think to question all the hard work and it took most of the volunteer people to get these cars into the show and to make the show happen..

28. Crash Fistfight

Crash Fistfight
    from southside

I tend to agree with this. And I think the shows are where you are going to see most of this crap. I know there are some thoughtful traditional cars being built, but the whole rat rod trend gives anybody an excuse to cruise some trash heap under the guise of being cool. And any street rod is a flat paint job or a set of whitewalls away from "the scene". I'm way over it.

29. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Why does every one keep bitching about the show do you want them to pull the plug on it. It is what it is and some slip though the cracks.......

30. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Dare to be different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.