Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert Car Pileup over view

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curt R, Oct 11, 2009.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

wow - the complaining continues.......

guess this just shows what a BIG deal the Hunnert is.........if it stirs up this much it has got to be a great show

to all those guys that are complaining

you are just like the Simpsons Comic Book Guy (who everyone laughs at)

"Worst Show Ever"

[​IMG]

2. im getting worried about the dog that was livin next door to Ryan!!:eek:

run fido , run!!! duck and cover!!

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The SPCA was already notified and the dog was picked up for safe keeping till this all blows over.

4. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

It is what it is... Take the good with the bad and GET OVER IT!
    I had a blast as always and thank the Czars for putting it on.
    Now someone please shoot this dead horse

5. 61TBird

61TBird

I'm worried about the dogs across the street now....

6. Curt has been building rods and putting on shows before I was born and I Turned 105 today!:D

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'll make another call ;)

8. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Firstly, I've never been to the pile up and with my disability, combined with living in England, I never will. However, I do enjoy the coverage of the show I see here on the H.A.M.B and like the looks of it. When I read the following, I was intrigued;

so I checked out the website, particularly conditions of entry;

The Criteria
    To get into the show, your car must be a 1964 or earlier “Hot Rod” or “Custom” built in a “Traditional Style.” Any cars that appear stock will not be allowed in.
    1. No art cars
    2. No billet anything
    3. No digital gages
    4. No neon, 80’s style monochromatic paint or mural graphics
    5. No IFS on fenderless cars
    6. No TPI/EFI (with open hoods)
    7. No trailered cars*
    8. No stock-appearing/OEM cars
    9. Mag wheels at our discretion

How the fuck is this the exact opposite of the H.A.M.B? Please tell me if I've missed something but that looks pretty fucking H.A.M.B friendly to me. Well done The Czars and for a good cause too.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

He was being sarcastic :rolleyes: and forgot to use the little :rolleyes: sarcastic smilie :rolleyes:

10. If the legislature of any state or municipality decides to enact anti-collector car laws, you can bet that the term Ratrod will be there along with a picture of the worst example at any given show.
    The HCP will now be in the Morris, Il spotlight before next years show and it will not be pretty.
    All the opinions here won't be worth a bucket of warm spit.

11. Stu55

Stu55
    from Dallas Tx

I can understand the safety issue, but this constant rag about rat rods versus traditional is getting old. Enjoy the cars you like and quite bitching. Great job on the show!!

12. the comment about rat rods disappearing in 10 years is kinda true. what will really happen is the people building them will finally figure out they have been lied to and they are supposed to be called "budget builds" then they will rightfully rename the real shitty ones "PARTS CARS!" gonna be lots of old tractor resto guys real happy that their parts supply will stop dwindleing.

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

Alright, enough.

Every year people complain about this car or that car getting in or not getting in, and every year I ask people to give us a concrete, enforceable rule that can be quickly and consistently applied at the show. No one has offered one up in 8 years. "Traditional" is subjective. I hate rat rods, but I've seen pictures of cobbled-together rat rods from the 50s. True. Even Ryan posted a blog about them. I also worked the south gate all morning and watched rat rod after rat rod get turned away. When one rolled up we scrutinized it trying to find any reason to exclude it, but sometimes we couldn't. Give me an enforceable rule.

I've looked at photos from the show. For every rat turd there were dozens of traditional rods and customs. Some clowns slip past. It has happened every year. 90% of the show is great cars though. Ignore the junk. No one is forcing you to look at what you don't want to. When at the beach, do you remember the fat man in a Speedo, or the hot gal in a bikini?

Here might be a good time to point out that someone re-opened the south gate after we closed it and snuck dozens of cars in. They were probably all rejected. That also means they didn't pay and charities will be losing money this year. So, if you know who did that, thank them for the little kids, patients, and soldiers who didn't get helped this year.

Curt, thank you for your well-written comments. Don't come back.

That's all I'm going to say about this thread.

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

What Hellfish said. Time to move on boys and girls............kick the horse one more time on the way out..............but please, don't post about it.:mad:

Frank

15. silent rick

silent rick

i've been to all eight hcpu. those cars you speak of have been in attendence from the start. yeah, there weren't as many in the early years, but then again, there weren't that many cars in attendence as a total. so if you look at percentages, nothing has really changed. i think the focus hasn't strayed one bit. the idea is to have fun. if anything has gotten out of hand, it's the spectators. but hey, the czars put the gate receipts to good use. if anyone has a problem, then they should stay home.

16. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Nicely said Hellfish!

17. outlaw57

outlaw57

with all the trouble had this year with traffic, parking, and all the gripe on what belongs where, we must realize the czars are a small club. this is not no goodguys, msra, nsra etc size club. they are a small group and donate A LOT of money to charity. I feel, (remember I said I) that if the event size is too big for it's current location, find a larger one and let rats in....park them all together and raise more for charity! remember Charity!

Question, would the fairgrounds council or whom ever allow parking on the track?? I know some shows do and this could help. park just as it always has been, but put the rats and other questionable cars/trucks on the track or infield of the track where it opens up more room and makes it so if your a this is the only types of cars I like kinda guy, you don't have to see them. If you allow rats in, you may raise a lot more money for charity, and take some of the pressure off the czars criteria stuff.

18. hotrod34truck

hotrod34truck

im 31 years old ive been raised at car shows the hunnert is by far my favorite show just because of the people and the atmosphere u wanna bitch about the show dont go its that simple but in my book its one of the best shows in the midwest and ive been all over the coutry to shows

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Why cater to a group of cars that is not the focus of the show? Who wants the Pileup to be considered a rat rod event like some of the others? The event is not done FOR charity, some of the profits are donated to charity but the reason for the show is to gather traditional hot rod and customs and liked minded people for a weekend of fun. The amount of money raised is not the focus or main concern.

20. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

The Hunnert is successful because it's a great time, not a bunch of gold chainers. The show is held near Halloween, so there probably is some novelty to the show. If you can't go to enjoy yourself then you "Don't Get It". Who said the HAMB has to approve everything anyway? Maybe all the guys with high dollar "period correct" hotrods should get their priorities straight and get there early instead of sitting at breakfast until noon. I'm not defending crappy rat rods, my cars are always pretty nice. But it's just a good time. It's that simple.

21. donnymopar

donnymopar
    from MI

Here, here!...atta boy, "it's that simple!"... THUMP! (me kicking the horse on the way out...)

22. this thread needs a bolt in the head!!

23. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

What should we talk about now?