Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Pileup 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

Is cancelled.

Just kidding! :D

Our big move to the South seems to really be panning out. Decatur and Clinton are eager to make everything happen, and even the weather looks like it's going to cooperate. Personally, I like it cold, but I'm not going to complain about another year with sun and temps in the 60s or 70s! :O

We want everyone to have a good time as usual, but there are some things to keep in mind.

1. Please respect the grounds and the rules. Show attendees have always behaved and cleaned up after themselves, so please continue! There is a lot of room for cruising, burnouts, drag racing, etc, BUT please DO NOT do those things. Too many pedestrians. Remember, "irresponsible vehicular behavior" will get you kicked out. Sorry. The legal drinking age in Illinois is 21. Drink all the beer you want, as long as you're 21+. No glass containers or pets, that includes dogs. I'd love to have my dogs there, but if I can't, you can't.

2. How do you get to the show? Good question! Progress City is on the NE side of Decatur, just North of Richland Community College. The map below shows the traffic flow. Decatur police officers will be directing traffic at 4 key intersections. They will be directing all old cars to the show lot and everyone else to the spectator parking. There's about 90 acres of spectator parking and 3 entrances. Show cars will go all the way to Rea's Bridge Rd and into a big lot at the college. Form 7 LONG lines behind the signs (from east to west). Gates open at 9. We will call a few cars from each line, so don't worry about what line you're in. There's plenty of parking and no prime spots. :D

3. Now that we have that out of the way...
    We have some great bands lined up for Friday night, Saturday at the show, and Saturday night. Clinton really is only 15 minutes from the hotels/show area. While you're in Clinton for the pre & post show parties, check out the Shack and Ted's Garage for good food, or eat at the buffet at Snappers. There's also great Haunted Houses in Clinton and Decatur! Don't forget the Cruisin' Eldo Cruise in Decatur on Thursday if you're there early.

4. Drink LOTS of water at the show!!! The last time it was this warm at the Pileup we had several cases of heat stroke/exhaustion and a couple heart attacks. Progress City is HUGE, so pace yourself.

5. When driving to/from Clinton watch your speed through Maroa. It's a tiny town... with a vigilant police force. Clinton and Decatur are prepared for the kinds of cars the Pileup brings (loud and dangerous looking), but Maroa may not be. There main concern seems to be speed. If your speedo doesn't work, follow a modern car. All 3 towns are cracking down on drunk driving, so be careful.

6. Finally, make sure to check out the vendors. We have almost 60 vendors, plus a swap meet/car corral organized by our friends, the Bombers. They say a lot of swappers have signed up. There is also a lot of great BBQ and other food. One vendor will have fresh coffee and homemade pastries ready as soon as the gates open, so check her out. Kent's Big Bar will be there again, too.

That's about it. See you in a few days!!

[​IMG]

2. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

Thanks for the heads up Hellfish!

3. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

What is this Pileup you speak of? I've never heard of it? HA!

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looking forward to this weekend... See you all there!!!

Malcolm

5. should be interesting

6. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Hellfish,

Everything sounds good. See you Thursday maybe? :cool:

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

Definitely! I should be there by early afternoon on Thursday and will be at the cruise in the evening. Look for an obnoxious Econoline! :D

8. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Awesome. I leave tomorrow morning from SoCal to Indy. Then drive from Indy to Decatur on Friday. See ya soon.

9. imperialhouse71

imperialhouse71
    from Sparta, IL

Looking forward to a little better weather! Laying lines last year was a pain in the ass!

I will be striping all weekend if anyone's interested. Feel free to hit me up in advance!
    www.imperialhouse71.blogspot.com
    -Shawn

10. Deadbird

Deadbird

Looking forward to it. This should be a blast.

11. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

can't wait, this show should be awesome!!!

12. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Not getting anything accomplished at work this week. Thanks a lot Joe! :)

13. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

Leaving Friday, can't wait!!

14. wooo hhooooo I'm so excitted I cant type anymore i cant wait to leave

15. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

It can't be that bad:p:p

16. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I'm gettin' real excited about this one, ooodalally!

17. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Leaving Friday morning! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. hotrod34truck

hotrod34truck

im a vendor and im still goin threw stuff to bring gonna be an awesome show cant wait

19. ewt2

ewt2

I can't wait!!!

20. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Awesome!

21. We're heading out Wednesday as soon as my honey can get home from work. If all goes well we should be there mid afternoon on Thursday.
    Hope to see you at the cruise.

Joe, I also have Yuengling.

22. Plowboy

Plowboy

I will start warming your bed up for you now! If you are lucky, I may still be in it when you get here. ha ha

23. Looking forward to it.

Is there anyone coming from Texas that can bring me some Lonestar??????

24. lowelife

lowelife

We will be heading out Friday for the pre-party and staying for the after party, should be a good weekend.

25. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Weather forcast is looking great! 76 and sunny Friday 81 and sunny Saturday!

26. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

As I understand it there is a pre inspection to determine what cars get in and what cars do not, just to clarify, mine most likely would not get in, I've been by your shop and you guys are hard core traditional, I guess the question is, What do we do when we can't get in? I sure wouldn't want to park in general lot parking with the Tercels and door bangers, Is there a space for cool yet rejected from the show rides or how does that work? Not whinin just askin. No door locks:D

27. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Me and Travisfromkansas will be there Friday night. We are serving as Bobwop's bodyguards again this year. See you there.

28. 1lowbuick

1lowbuick

The PISTON JAMMERS CAR CLUB will be heading out Friday at 6a.m. with 7 cars from toledo and southeast mich. its about a 8 hour drive. and were driving! no trailer queens hear. these are real pieces of crap. stop by and have a few beers with us.

see ya in a few days bitches

29. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

wow, a lot of good that would be