Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Hundreds of Hot Rod Magazines: HRM, TRJ, Little Pages, Etc. '51-Present

Discussion in '"The Antiquated" Classifieds' started by HarveyWallbanger, Feb 10, 2017.

1. HarveyWallbanger

HarveyWallbanger

City: Greeley

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: Cheap! $1+
    I have literally hundreds of magazines to sell. I can't possibly photograph each individual issue, flip through for damage, and describe them all. Prices vary, but I would say I'm reasonable because I don't need boxes of magazines taking up shelves and attic space.

I set out to collect a full set of Hot Rod, '48 to around '75. In the process, I had to buy multiple issues to get a few that I needed, or bought complete year sets rather than individuals. I kept all of the best condition magazines for my collection. All of the rest are available. This is at least three issues from every year, 1951-75. Some years, I have all twelve available, and others, I may only have multiple copies of one month. They are all in slip cases, packed away in boxes. Some are mint, and others are missing covers, torn, have the address labels cut off, etc. I dragged them to Hershey twice and it is not worth the effort of haggling over cents per issue, struggling to find interested parties, and dealing with keeping them dry during the wettest week of the year.
    Eventually, I will lay them out and photograph them by year, and cut my work down quite a bit.

If you're looking for a specific issue, specific year, etc. send me a message and I'll show you what I've got to suit your needs. I might toss a few free ones in. Grab bag... any 4, 8, 12 issues, I'll make a package deal.

Some of these are rough. I'll practically give them away, while others are mint and will be a few bucks. I don't think any are worth more than ten or fifteen at a maximum. I may toss a rough issue in with a nice one, on the house.

Just an example, I grabbed one cereal box full.
    1952:
    February - great - $6,
    February - loose cover, dogeared pages, and general wear - $2
    April - loose cover - $2
    March - loose cover stapled on years ago - $2.50
    March - slightly better shape, but was hole-punched for a four-ring binder - $2.50
    May - Loose cover, desirable issue - $4
    May - Better condition, hole-punched - $4
    June - Torn cover - $2
    July - Really nice shape, hole-punched - $5
    July - Mint pages, except no cover - $1
    September - Bright, vibrant, great shape, hole-punched - $3
    December - Near mint, hole-punched $5
    December - a few loose pages, no cover - $1
    1953:
    February - Great appearance, detached cover - $2
    April - No cover, good shape pages - $1.50
    May - Solid pages, no cover - $1.50
    September - Loose cover, minor wear - $2
    December - Solid, issue stapled and cover taped on decades ago - $2
    Or all of them for $50...? It's all negotiable.

I don't think I have what it takes to decoupage an entire car, like Jake... but this would be an excellent place to start. Just the other day, Instagram user "Brucedonelan" posted a picture of a stairway that was decoupaged with a bunch of these early issues. If these don't move, maybe I'll save them for an arts-and-crafts project on a similar scale. I would just rather see someone enjoy them for what they are rather than pulling them apart for the benefit of a few. Does that make sense?

Then there are newer issues... 80s, 90s, 00s... I'll take any offer over the cost of shipping. I don't want them. My girlfriend doesn't want them. My parents don't want them on their bookshelf either. Have a kid? How about cheap birthday presents?

I have about a dozen Rodder's Journal duplicates to sell, from around issue 8 to fifteen, then later issues like 50, 67, etc. These cost quite a bit new, but there are tons available elsewhere and it's hard to compete with online prices that offer free shipping, etc. They're all in pretty good shape, to brand new. I think ten bucks each is asking a lot, but I'll let you bargain with me.

I really like my Little Pages magazines, and I'm not sure how many I have available. I sorted through them, then sorted through a buddy's collection, and we traded duplicates between us. I will have to update this with a real account of what's available.

Other titles: Car Craft, Custom Rodder, Rod & Custom, Street Rodder, Lowrider, Classic Trucks, Chrysler Firepower, Super Chevy, Easy Rider, NASCAR programs from the 80s/90s, and more... I have about eight feet of shelving, and three and a half rows of that are old car magazines that I don't need or want anymore. Next up will be the baseball cards and Mad Magazines from my childhood.

I will update this regularly to chip away at listing what I have, and perhaps add photos eventually if it's not too much effort.
    Give me a call, text, message, or email. I'll get back to you.
    Mark Van Acker
    570-470-1023
    [email protected]

I guess I'll also consider trades. I'll gladly trade piles and boxes for something I can actually use on a car. I'm looking for Lincoln Y Block speed equipment, Strombergs, early Oldsmobiles, LaSalle transmissions, Flatheads, Model T Roadsters, Model As, 1935-37 pickups, etc. My dad likes old chrome, speed equipment, early hemi parts, '32-'34 stuff.