Register now to get rid of these ads!

hudson VIN ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whiskeymakin, Apr 17, 2013.

1. whiskeymakin

whiskeymakin
    from mid tn

I recently got the ol hudson commodore up and running, its a 49 model to the best of my knowledge. the vin plate has been long gone, i bought it without a title. All i have is a bill of sale.

what should i do about a vin #?

thanks!

2. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

here we have police/sheriff/hiway pol, inspect them and they have books of where to find hiden vins.
    And go do a Intro ;)

3. whiskeymakin

whiskeymakin
    from mid tn

thanks! i will check on that. im in TN and the problem is insurance....they want a VIN. the dmv will issue a title without one

4. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

There should be V.I.N #'s stamped through out the frame & body,

5. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

REALLY? Find that hard to believe. Seems everyday there is a title ? on here. Try the search.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Or call your local DMV.

7. I got an open 46 historical document!

8. Verminator

Verminator

check the passenger side door jam near the top door hinge. That's where it's located on the 50 commodore I had.

9. whiskeymakin

whiskeymakin
    from mid tn

ive searched the car over, its had lots of body work. the door plate is long gone. and no luck on the frame. still got to check the rear axle.
    the deal with a tn title is like you are building a kit car....different motor applies to that rule. which in this case i have a 318/727.

i would like to keep it original if i can, but may not happen.....the vin original that is

10. Hud I

Hud I
    from Tennessee

With out the original motor, which has the same # , the best bet is to look at those places suggested by the thread over on the Hudson board at Classic Car. Good luck on the title. Hud

11. @coololdcars - A '46 title won't do any good for a '49 - totally different car, plus it's ILLEGAL! Ever consider the reasons why you cannot advertise for the so-called "historical documents" on the HAMB anymore???

@whiskeymakin' - If the car has the original engine, you will see the vehicle number also stamped on the passenger side of the block. It will be on the very front of the left side, stamped on a machined pad. Both of my '53 Hornets were like that, as well as a '53 Wasp I owned. I'm pretty sure my '50 Commodore 6 was, too.

12. whiskeymakin

whiskeymakin
    from mid tn

wish i had the original motor, but its a mopar 318 in it now....
    the rear axle has no numbers, i can see where the plate was riveted in the door opening, not there tho.

looked the frame over and havnt seen any sign of numbers

13. Contact the national Hudson ass.

14. PacaRacer50

PacaRacer50

Hudson stamped a VIN into the top passengers side of the front frame rail behind the upper control arm of the front suspension, but its not on all of
    them.
    My 50 Pacemaker was stamped there but I am not sure about the 48-49's.
    It should start with 49??????? with the third number denoting its a
    Commodore 6 or 8 depending on the factory engine it was built with.
    hope this helps,
    PaceRacer50

15. whiskeymakin

whiskeymakin
    from mid tn

thanks for all of the help guys. i will keep searching haha