Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hudson named Night train

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by baggedmitsu, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

That was my Hudson! I sure do miss it!!:(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Try using ZabaSearch.com; he could have surviving relatives that could tell you about the car, or may even have family pictures of it. It is a very unusual last name. Butch/56sedandelivery.

3. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I was at Muellers today and snapped this pic.

Attached Files:

4. emily

emily
    from san diego

I am duane aspengrens niece. Do you know him?

5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Emily, i just got your message. Thanks so much for calling me. My friend Ed Mueller is calling your aunt as i type this. Hope he will be able to get copies of photographs of your uncles historic car. Again, thanks very much!
    The power of the Hamb. Axle

6. I'd love to see more of this car!

7. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Car is still being restored and will debut very soon. Ed Mueller and his wife went down to San Diego and recently visited Duane Aspengrens widow who gave Ed all of the old show winning trophies. Meeting her and discussing the cars history helped out in his research. Look out for the car to hit the streets and show circuit soon!

8. really cool the way everyone is such a hound dog when it comes to finding out the history of a custom.

9. I recall Ed Mueller owning the Night Train car but at no time was Wayne Graefen involved with that car. Because I'm W.G. and I'm sure of that. I don't recall where Ed got the car or who he sold it to.

10. dkendall

dkendall
    Member Emeritus

I traded 4 Buick wire wheels to Lee Bright for the NIGHTTRAIN Hudson, got it running, put in the Pontiac grille, went to the Early Times events and later sold it to Wayne Ballerstein. I did see it at Ed Muellers and sent him some photos. Lots more to the story, but another time.

Attached Files:

11. Rocket88NZ

Rocket88NZ

Great to see a couple of cool Hudson Customs makes a change from the Mercs, Must have been painful to let yours go Rockey.

12. Had reason to look back at this thread. No one posted pics from the 2011 GNRS. Here are my two.

Anyone know, had Ed Mueller finished the interior since the GNRS and does he still own the car?

Attached Files:

13. 19ford49

19ford49
    from Casper,Wyo

Mine is up for sale now just needs finished is all if anybody is looking for a 49 2 door. Head on over to the classifieds section ;)