Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hubcap ID please!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AstroZombie, May 20, 2012.

1. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Picked these up at a yard sale for $10, they are 15" and in need some love of course, but I can't figure out what they are. I don't immediately recognize the crest, and there is no stamping on the back. The lady I bought them off of insisted they were Porsche, but she's looney. The photo of the crest is from the back since it's easier to photograph. Ok HAMB CSI, hook me up!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Buick. Around '53 or '54.

3. Never2low

Never2low

4. Model T1

Model T1

Yep !!!! Most likely 53 Buick. Need to see the front.

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Definitely '52........'53 and '54 are very different from this, and from each other...

Ray

6. I had 3 of these caps that I sold and shipped to a fellow HAMBer a couple of months ago. These are identical to the ones I had.

7. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Right on guys, thanks for the info so quickly! So are these sought after caps? Are they worth spending the time hammering them out to resell? Or just knock em out decent and hang them on my garage wall?

8. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

You might pull $20 each for them individually, but more as a complete set. $100? Maybe $125? Can't hurt to try. Worst case scenario, you end up with some cool hubcaps hanging out in the garage.

9. Never2low

Never2low

They don't even hang flat on the wall!:( (I had to put some hockey tape on the nail, so the bottom wouldn't kick out) Damn non-conformist hubcaps! :p Personally, I think they look as good as the Caddy sombreros, but they just haven't caught on with the kustom crowd. It may have something to do with the odd rim dimentions. I guess it all depends on how valueable your time is, but I dought you would see more than $100 or so, for the set.

10. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Thanks. I'll probably hammer the crease out of the one, and hang them up. Some day when my OCD kicks in I'll hammer the dings out and get crazy with the buffer. Thanks so much to all of you for the info, I really appreciate it.