Register now to get rid of these ads!

HUBBA HUBBA my 32-4 Tudor tribute to Gramps

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Runnin shine, Jul 15, 2015.

1. i like this version best. how about making the back window longer, that would make it looked like it was chopped more [?] 33tudorchop8.jpg

kidcampbell71 and dumprat like this.
  2. Squablow

Squablow

Fuck it. Let's all quit lying to ourselves.

33tudorchop10.jpg

Tim_with_a_T, brEad, slv63 and 5 others like this.
  3. solved that problem. what's next?

4. It's so easy being chesseyyyy
    bingo

5. Now we just need the motor and it will be ready.

slv63, tb33anda3rd and Runnin shine like this.
  6. Boy I hope Wyatt doesn't start crying after seeing his now 3w done.:D I'm sure it will change his thoughts.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  7. Seeing these pictures that @Squablow edited, I don't think I was off my rocker. All three of them look so slick, and my eye is no longer drawn to an 'issue' in the B pillar area.
    @Runnin shine I think you need to buy a new ink cartridge, and then print off the past 5 or six pictures for comparison. Then you can lay them out on a table and study side by side. Personally, I think the first edit picture of taking a bit (@Squablow said 3/4" estimate) out of the B pillar looks bang on killer.

Of course, all of this is just my back seat driving opinion. :)

Runnin shine likes this.
  8. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I love this! I'm convinced we are all crazy here now.
    Tim yes the front comes down it has only one of the top short springs out of the posies slider. If you notice there's almost no rake to the body right now. The back is questionable cause I'd like a bigger 6.50 to fill the wells a bit. This would equally lift the back up too. There is 2.5" between the axle and my C-notch as is. I am very concerned this is not enough at "ride height". With out the suspension having to be very stiff.
    I can't imagine taking another inch out of the B-pillar. That would make the door opening 35.5" tall from the floor to upper door channel back at the hinges. My 4 year olds about 46" tall(I just checked) this would still leave me a 1/2" taller than Potteet's #55 3w.
    I really prefer the angle chop, but that's me.
    I can't believe I'm thinking of shortening the whole car a measly inch or so. I really got burned out on the frames "body work" last year. Let me stress I'm all in to get this thing right. Anything less will just leave me with a expensive time consuming failure.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

10. :( I guess I will go crawl back under my junky roadster and take a nap.:(

Runnin shine likes this.
  11. :confused: ... how hard would it be to cut the rear, above the beltline, and keeping the rear window as is .... shorten the top to the rear window location, and reverse crown Vicious Vicky that back panel ?

I'm speaking in Photoshop-enese here. I already know the metal translation would lose most. Anyone have a Vicky back half to donate ?

Sorry Wyatt, almost P/M'd the thought ala' HAMB Vulcan mind trick to you ..... o_O.

Tim_with_a_T likes this.
  12. Squablow

Squablow

Seriously though, a clean picture, outside, well lit and with a cleaner background, would make visualizing changes a lot easier.

slv63, tb33anda3rd and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

I vote for Squablow's rendition in post 1323! Wyatt, just focus that ADD.;)

14. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I'd cut it up more today but I'm on a flight here shortly to the west coast to put in an offer on a junky roadster

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I am really really liking this one with the shortened back. Maybe just a little less than this out of the quarter window. But I don't have the slightest idea how to get this.
    [​IMG]

16. Squablow

Squablow

Version 11. Current door and windshield angle unchanged, rear quarter windows un-chopped so the top of the rear quarter window lines up with the angle of the door tops. Back window angled in and roof crown/quarter window length altered slightly to match. Funky roof crown pushed out again as well. Overall body length at the belt line is unchanged.

Speedy Canuck says the B pillar has a hump, Paintslinger thinks the lines need to be straight across, Runnin Shine likes the slanted door pillar angle and also likes the slightly shortened rear part of the roof. This one kinda/sorta does all 3 of those things. And really brings out the slant shape. Thoughts?

33tudorchop11.jpg

17. Well since the rain and thunder scared me and woke me up from my nap, I will say with this picture now the radiator shell will now have to be sectioned and the hood will have to follow the roof line or it will look funny up front.

Tim and Runnin shine like this.
  18. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Still like the straight chop. Number 11 looks like the front got squished.

slv63 and paintslinger805 like this.
  19. Or put a raked 33 grill on it and bingo. Again.

20. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

The factory "drip rail" is one long soft curve. I will have to retain this unless I become a good metal smith sometime soon

21. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Do you really mean 33 or 34? What about model 40 hood sides?

22. Squablow

Squablow

That's a good point. This is really when an outside view from a distance would help.

Maybe some of that wonkyness could be corrected if the roof was reverse chopped above the drip rails to take out some of the slant in the crown. Easy to do in pixels, but this thing is going to be nothing but weld pretty soon.

33tudorchop13.jpg

23. Squablow

Squablow

Now how about chopping the whole shit shown above another inch, and bringing the back part of the body forward a couple more? Even more windshield angle in this one too. I seriously don't even know if I could backtrack all the cuts that were made to get it to here at this point. But it's fun and I won't have to build it in steel either way so let's go for it.

33tudorchop14.jpg

24. THIS. I was trying to say that by suggesting he was 'too close to the build' earlier, but couldn't properly express what I was thinking. 'Garage eyes'. I'll have to remember that one.

25. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

This! The curve of the drip rail is what is messing with it. Number 11 rendering is almost there. Can you make the quarter windows match the drip rail better? Especially at the rearmost top corner? Blend the shapes of the window to match the drip rail rather than match the rail to the windows?

When I chopped my shoebox getting the shape of the driprail righ made the chop. In my opinion.

26. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

It's all right Matt . I've finished all the metal work already today. I even had time to clean the floor and open up throat on my bead roller project 2" before I ran out of cutoff wheels.
    [​IMG]

Stogy likes this.
  27. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Yur messing with my mind....

28. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks like progress is being made. Not sure how to go about it but I do kinda dig the renderings with the back of the roof kinda tilted forward. All in all your the one who has to like it but it's getting closer.

Take which ever rendering is your favorite into photo shop and layer it over the original photo and it wouldn't be to hard to reverse engineer where to cut.

29. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I tried to accurately replicate the view through the inside
    [​IMG]
    It looks huge here but in real life it kinda makes you claustrophobic.
    I'm almost embarrassed to show this angle. It hard to find a way where your not seeing only ruff edges, cause they're everywhere right now. If I stand up and take the pic all you see is through the roof opening, it's that low I guess.
    [​IMG]
    Moving it out side would be a be undertaking. I'd have to assemble a bit of the spring pack. And my driveway slopes down hill which has screwed with perspective in the past.

30. Well hell, since you have the whole thing ironed out now, how about we all go for a ride! :D
    Seriously, I dig this rendition. @Runnin shine, make it happen! :)

Runnin shine likes this.