Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hub Caps For Ransom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 14, 2012.

1. big creep

big creep

there is a old saying...."to be old and wise one must first be young and stupid"

thanks for sharing your story with us, keep them coming, this goes for everyone.

2. flamingokid

flamingokid

Been there,done that....enjoyed every frigging minute of it.

3. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

When did we get infiltrated with so many titty babies here... I enjoyed the story, I can relate and look forward to reading the next one.

4. seatex

seatex

DAYUM, HRP, you've outdone yourself on that one! BWAAAAAHHHHAAAA!

5. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

You must have led one boring life as a kid. See about getting that stick removed.

6. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Speaking as a youngin myself, I can definitely relate! I thought It was a good, funny story with positive morals. I've been there, and probably will be again before I'm all growed up.

And not to sound insensitive or anything, but its just hubcaps. I don't think stealing hubcaps is really a "punishable by death" kind of thing... It coulda been worse- smashed glass, slashed tires, scratched paint... Just sayin. Now if you all will excuse me, I'm off to swipe those smoothie caps on the PT Cruiser down the street!!

7. fsae0607

fsae0607

Loved the story!

Ah yes, peer pressure by cholo friends... :eek:

8. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Ryan,
    I know you weren't around ,but being a teenager growing up in the 50's,If you didn't get someone to buy you quarts of beer (for fifty cents) and steal a couple hubcaps once in a while,then you just weren't cool. And of course all while wearing a black leather jacket and engineer boots.!!!

9. I second that, Ryan. Welcome to another year of service.
    Chuck

10. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can relate to this--in the late 50's there were many 57 Plymouths, 56 Buicks and Olds without hubcaps where I lived. Have a pic of a friends 54 Ford with the Buick caps that ended up on it after a night of cruisng a neighboring town-photo was in the High School Yearbook with the Buick caps. Ryan--Cool story

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey, if he wanted to keep them, he should have had those worthless cable-around-the-lug-nuts idiot chain kinda thingys...

12. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Ryan I usually do not read your blog entrys, I dont know why I just dont, this is thefirst one I have ever read and that is just because it has been mentioned in several other threads, I have to laugh at those that are bitching at you for stealing the caps..... I would love to see them sitting there after a full night of pretty intimidating "joking" drinking and just kinda being bullied buy a group of people that you are thinking in the back of your mind might just do you some serious bodily harm, lets see them in that position and see them say "fuck you, I am not going to get you those hub caps, go get them yourself"......Yea that is what they would do.....My ass, they would walk their happy ass over to that car and they would get the hubcaps, the hood or anything else that they were told to get off that fucking car just as you did and you and I both know that! Great story, but the truely awesome part that most have missed is that you had the chance to make it right, unforutunatly in my case and several others on here the things that we did we can never make right....I know I have done some things in my past I would like to make right...then there were other things I would never change for anything....I would like to have the brain cells back that I lost while doing them but oh well! Thanks for the story and the memory refresher Ryan, I feel like a friend of yours now.....Jim

13. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Just two???? I'd a got the full set!!!!!!