Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hub Caps For Ransom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Ryan for keeping it real...
    this thread is truly about comin' clean and hopefully making it right. Up for ransom has been the low pitiful ache in your heart.
    It wouldn't never be about a hubcap.
    Well, as I recollect, the evening had become as ya say 'a little too late' and the last bar is... The Buccaneer!
    I popped 'em off and chipped NO paint in doing so. Done gathered up under my coat and waddling around like I's gonna puke, those caps made away to their new and lasting safe keep. As Big Jerr hid them butt nice in the toilet box of that drop step Vanguard Camper. Now, all of us playing a part are in the clear and Spitty's spittin'. And he is spittin' here and he is spittin' there.
    The caps are not to be found. Must have been some other crime rife punks!
    However, the honesty. I gotta say it here, clear, and now. Make like my 'Mantor' Ryan and make it right... make it right now.
    Big Jerr, God bless his soul, is passed on now. And how I do miss him. With that perfect grin and deep chuckle each Holiday Season, when he would pull out them four caps and give 'em another shining rub. Oh the gleam.
    And Spitty, I don't no how to find you to say it so.
    I am sorry.
    In fact, I was sorry while I was removing them. You see the boys felt if we wound ya up even a bit more, then maybe you would just settle it down. Myself at the time remembering you had put that moon behind you and ever such ways before. This is what you are standing on, your Earth and you were now home. Taking what reflected that back to you was really plain wrong!
    Forgive me Mr. Smith.
    And please forgive me HAMBers, the caps I speak of were'nt pre '65
    And Thanks Ryan for letting me remove such a stitch in this thread.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. I think I'm on to you and who all these cars and people are...

Theft is stupid and we're all idiots for one thing or another. I enjoyed the read.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Burnouts...snappin' caps.....did ya street race too? Get busted by the cops in a bowling alley parking lot with a trunk full of beer and a few guns? Oh wait!
    Right on....while not the "right" thing to do.....sometimes it "seems" to be when young....
    What did mama always say?
    Boys will be boys....

4. For fucks sake fellas!
    Now we're all gonna get screwed out of the rest of the story cause of your whining...

Thanks for the read Ryan.
    I always enjoy your stories.

5. ol fueler

ol fueler

Yeah , well how about having your plug wires all gone?
    About 50 Years ago I was young and stupid , now I'm just stupid, but anyway at the time I drove a 324 OLDS powered 40 Ford coupe with a real rump-rump wild overlap cam , darn thing often backfired thru the carbs and started a fire on a cold start. I worked at an engine rebuilders on the outskirts of town, miles from much of anywhere , working very late one night , doing "goverment" work on a jimmie block for our fuel roadster.
    Time to go home, started the forty , "capoof" --on fire!! DAM--- the extinguisher is EMPTY!! Time I got it smothered with a couple of blankets, most of the plug wires were toast!!
    Nothing to do but WALK home , about 20 miles , with little hope of catching a ride --no traffic to speak of.
    About a mile down the road was a beer joint, as I came up to it I saw a channeled , hoodless deuce cpe sitting there , with an OLDS V8 , I jerked those wires in a flash and hi-tailed it back to the shop.
    Unlike Ryan , I never fessed up or made it right, have no idea whose wires I snagged, just thanked the stars for putting the deuce where it was.
    I have always felt a bit guilty about the shock the guy must have had when his rod would not start, really had not thought about it in years , but earlier this week for some reason it stirred around in my head.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  6. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I did :)

7. callin bullshit ... just stirrin the pot and its spillin over from the number of cooks

8. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

Writers tend to take artistic license.

9. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

10. williebill

williebill

Finish the stories,Ryan,but gin it up with puppies and bunnies next time. Make more heads explode.
    I may have stolen bubble gum from the store when I was a little kid,but I hate thieves now. That make me a hippocrite?

11. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

I want the ABC SPECIAL DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe 60 min????
    or date line ooooh yeah date line with Dr Drew and Ryan!!!!!!

good story I know ive been there In the roll of Jose and the roll of you . shit happens, makes us who we are . It would be a rad holiday gift though to return the caps to the car...

hypocrisy- the way of the board..... pick and choose your battles and get a kool set of hubcaps while your at it ..

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great story. I stole a dog bowl cap off a cop car, on a drunk dare, to actually use as a water bowl for a puppy I had. Funny thing, when I later took the dog to the cops to get him adopted, one of the cops referenced my resourcefulness. Yup, it was off his car.:eek: He just laughed.

As far as the negative comments, "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Some of you guys talk like you never stepped off your front porch when you were kids. Take off some of that make-up and wash yer pantys. Bunch of woosies.

13. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Ryan , great story and just like many of us we were no better . I actually got a few hubcaps too when I was younger along with a few car batteries , a some nice mags with good tires for my car because mine were bald . Yea I did some bad things too but that was 40+ years ago and I have also long ago confessed to what I did .
    Sometimes when a few of my old good friends come up my way and visit we talk about some of the damn stupid shit we use to do with our cars and how we got some of our parts we needed . :(
    Still we laugh about it and say we were lucky BUT if our kids would have done it , we would have killed them !

Retro Jim

14. Poesrodandcustom

Poesrodandcustom
    from Kentucky

Ha ha, good shit!

15. Gromit

Gromit

I stole cheese when i was a broke Uni student.. There I admit it.. I'm a monster.

I enjoyed your story.. i think the part about finding the proper owner would make an interesting story as well.

16. dad-bud

dad-bud

Ryan, you hoodlum. I hope you can sleep better now that you have purged your soul amongst your friends on the HAMB.
    :D:D

17. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Excellent ..... I think most of us have stories like that in our younger history......lol

18. richie rebel

richie rebel

we all did it,at one time or another,such is life...................

19. randy

randy

Ryan,
    You stole hubcaps from a famous 90's custom car. I hereby sentence you to decades of hot rod & custom community service. First, you must create an internet forum that will spread knowledge and fellowship throughout the community. Second, you must manage it.

May god have mercy on your soul.

20. n847

n847

[​IMG]

I couldnt help my self!

21. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Awesome!

22. Gerg

Gerg

I have done way way worse and later made it right. I was a wildboy as a kid I don't blame Ryan for making a mistake especially when he fesses up to it.

23. I can see it now,Coming to a theater near you in June of 2013 ,the 1973 remake of American Graffiti,,

Directed by Quenton Tarrentio,Starring Ryan Cochran (Curt Henderson) as he cruises around as the back seat bitch with the Pharaohs in a chopped 50 Mercury,drinking and generally raising hell.

Watch as Cheech Marin (Joe) offers Ryan 3 Choices,,

1,,you chicken out and in that case I let (Ants) Tommy Chong tie you to the car and drag you around a little bit and you don't want that. Right?

2,,you foul up and Holstein hears you and, well uh... you don't want that, right?

Three, you are successful and you join the Pharaohs with a car coat and a blood initiation and all that, huh?

Ryan is heard to say,,, What? Wait a minute, wait a minute! What blood initiation?

As you all know hub caps will be stolen,but as in all Terrintio films there is a lot of violence,drinking and general debauchery.

Mr. Cochran's name has been already been mentioned as a Oscar winning best male actor and the movie hasn't made it to the big screen.

Due to the nature of this cinematic block buster this movie has yet to be rated,,but you can bet you sweet arse it ain't gonna be PG! :D HRP

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  24. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Did everybody miss this quote. It was in a ditch. Nobody will ever miss it.

25. great movie and a great story by Ryan that has some how turned into a soap opera. lighten up people

26. RichG

RichG

I usually don't read the threads attached to Ryan's stories, I like the stories but hate the B.S. that seems to crop up in these things. The only reason I read this one is because of a reference someone made to it.

Ryan, that's a good story, funny and honest. I like your writing.

A man tells a tale to friends about misspent youth, and this is what you come up with? Sanctimonious much? Never did anything wrong, did ya? Well, if that's true, then why are you hanging with a bunch of hoodlums and rodders?

We all (well, all of us except YOU) have things in our pasts that we would rather not get knocked around. I'm sure Ryan isn't proud of his actions as they were, but was rather reminiscing of what life was like at that time.

Remembering our transgressions isn't glorifying them, it's just telling stories over a beer, sitting on tires and leaning against the fender in a garage. If you can't hang, maybe YOU should find somewhere else to be.

27. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

28. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

GREAT STORY!! One most of us can relate to. Thanks for sharing Ryan.

Joshua Shaw

29. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Well said Rich .

30. Great story. I think to some degree, maybe more, maybe less we have all been there done that. Thanks for sharing.
    Later,
    Dick