Register now to get rid of these ads!

hub cap ID help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hippie6, Oct 30, 2011.

1. hippie6

hippie6

Ok, I need to know if there is a book or web site out there to identify hub caps. Yesterday I saved 400 hub caps from the scrap yard. I was at an auction, one guy bought a BUNCH of hub caps and other stuff. I asked the guy if he had a swap meet business. Nope they'll be in the scrap yard as soon as I seperate them. I couldn't let this happen! The newest I found was for a Pinto, and they all get older from there. 64 Ford, 59 Chevy, Desoto, 39 Ford, 61 Valiant, Rambler, even a Lincoln Zypher! I've got them all seperated by make now I need to find out what year and model they are from. I need to ID 'em all so that I can properly list 'em.

Thanks
    Hippie

2. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

This page has photos of hubcaps going back through the 1950s, it's a good reference. http://hubcaps.org/

3. hippie6

hippie6

That will get me started. I just wish I could blow up Their pics for better close up details. Now to find the dog dish ID too.

4. Glad you saved them. Any Thunderbird caps? Maybe I will just drive over and take a look.:eek:

5. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Very helpful,ID'd a few of my stash.

6. loco 52 ragtop

loco 52 ragtop

if you have any like this let me know[​IMG][​IMG]

7. I use that site to I.D. some of these. This is my stash. You can see them on Google Earth via satellite. Anybody need a hubcap?

Attached Files:

8. Joes50

Joes50

Glad you saved them!