Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest HRP- Let's Face It!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Lets face it, HRP is selling the 50 Ford he wanted so badly. Danny you know nothing will make you happy unless it's a Deuce. :p I know, because I have the same sickness!:rolleyes:

j3harleys, da34guy and loudbang like this.
  2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

3. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Unless chopped up and customised, they are pretty damn ugly. Aptly named. But that's just me.

j hansen likes this.
  4. alchemy

alchemy

Even buying 32's doesn't make him happy. Last year he acquired a fordor and a 5-window, then liquidated both of them. Year before that it was a tudor --> gone.

stillrunners likes this.

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

selling the 50? that's a nice car

6. It has some rust issues in the usual places, floors and rockers. Lets see, he has the truck and sedan. Did he sell the coupe he bought about a year ago.

7. 62rebel

62rebel

I noticed it in the classifieds a few days ago. Didn't seem odd. You either love shoeboxes or ya hate 'em.

HunterYJ likes this.
  8. HRP, everyone is watching to see what you do next.
    I agree,a Deuce is way cooler than a Shoebox.
    32"s are everybody's idea of a hot rod.
    Sometimes a guy has to work with what he's got.
    I wish that Deuces were as plentiful up here as they seem to be down there.

9. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

I think this all started with him trying to help a friend, more than lust for a shoebox coupe..

Tim and Blue One like this.
  10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Ya I know, I would have given my left nut for that 5 window :D Unfortunately that left nut isn't worth much these days ;) :D:D

Petejoe likes this.
  11. "We all make mistakes":oops:

j3harleys likes this.
  12. missysdad1

missysdad1

I have sold cars - including a couple of shoeboxes - that I bought thinking the "fit" would be right, only to discover that I didn't like them quite as much as I thought I would. Probably a really good move for HRP. Only he knows for sure. :rolleyes:

13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Danny,
    You change cars like underwear.
    Sounds like you have something else in your sights.

Blue One likes this.
  14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

up to him - maybe needs more lovin' than he wants to put into it - I have been watching a Cool ride on craigslist for a while now - finally took the time to enlarge the pics and look closely at them - decided to pass since it needs more than I am willing to put into it to reach the final look that I would want in the end -

15. Every three months? EEEEWWWWW!

"Patiently waiting"

Petejoe and Frankie47 like this.
  16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm pretty sure it's more to do with making sure others are happy rather than himself.
    Most of us are the same...doing our best to keep our loved ones happy and cared for...while still trying to have a little something for ourselves. It's sometimes difficult to find that happy balance. Especially when life situations change. Often a lot of personal sacrifice involved and sometimes changes have to be made. Stuff that real men do.
    You go, Danny!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Still wish he'd make up his frkn mind! :D

18. Time to reply -

That statement isn't entirely correct, I still have my old Deuce sedan beater which I have owned a very long time, the fact is I am having a interior installed as we speak.

You are correct I have sold a few in the last few years.

19. alchemy

alchemy

Red sedan - gone
    Primer fordor - gone
    Black coupe - gone
    :(

20. Rick is clairvoyant, the sell of the 50 has more to do with family than and their well being than my dissatisfaction with the car, I really do like the coupe. HRP

21. You forgot the black pickup and the orange roadster, oh yeah and the red 5 window. :( HRP

ct1932ford and Petejoe like this.
  22. alchemy

alchemy

Yes, going back even farther, there's the black fordor and the black pickup. And now you are even trying to help your friend sell his gold pickup. If we didn't know you better we might say you are a 32 hater.

23. Danny, How long before the great state of South Carolina demands that you get a Dealer License? Just messin' with you. Is it time for the Deuce Run yet??:D

24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Danny, when you find another 5 window that won't cost a left arm let me know ;) :D

25. Larry, I'll keep that in mind. HRP

26. j3harleys

j3harleys

I know you are right Mark. sold my 5W at GNRS. last Jan. been hart sick since. I could not take it any longer so bought two 32 roadsters a couple weeks ago. There is no cure for the Deuce disease. Still haven't seen the cars in person, If my is my wife is up for traveling I may take a ride tomorrow and get a look at them

ct1932ford likes this.
  27. We need to see them!

28. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"2 roadsters" !

29. I still would like to build another roadster, but I'm afraid while waiting for my ship to come in it hit a iceberg and went down like the Titanic. :rolleyes: HRP

Unique Rustorations likes this.
  30. Drama.....we need more drama....and more posts from HRP..........