Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Hows your project going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 27, 2016.

1. 33essex

33essex

Waiting for it to warm up. So I can dig it out of the shed no garage sucks.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That austin looks pretty good!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got a bad case of Hamb arse...:D and it feels good. Things I'd like to tend to soon on the Hotrod in short order are thermostat, coolant change, 2 new front tires (one has a twist in it), address a death wobble issue, glove box, as well as continue trunk and floor work. Oh and drive it a little...Whew thats enough for this year...

Inside-for-now....jpg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Corvair looks just right! Minilites are so cool!!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. Dan I freaking love your sedan!

HOTRODPRIMER, Capt Chap and Dan Hay like this.
  6. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Good One!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Usually a time issue than a money issue. But then again, if I had more time I'd probably be spending at a faster rate then the lack of funds would slow me down.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. I fell ya brother. I went for over a month not being allowed in the garage at all then up til now I have had to not actually do anything if I am out there. But we are closing on the finish line my friend. ;)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. I feel like I'm just creeping along but it is moving forward ....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. I can relate to that. This Buick of mine was supposed to be a quick spray job. Well I just got the last of the body bushings out of the frame and the tub is going for blasting LOL

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. kevinwalshe

kevinwalshe

My F1 steering box is undergoing some magic from @NealinCA and I'm saving up for a new Miller welder. Once I get the welder, I can start to extend rear of my frame for my spring behind setup with 36 bones with a torque arm for the T5/open drive setup. I have all the parts, just not a welder that gets hot enough for welding a frame.

13. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

14. Basically like everyone else, too slow!
    20160309_173205.jpg

15. NAES

NAES

Took a couple of steps backwards on the C10 build but for a good reason. My mechanic didn't like my front Z so more support will be added. He also pointed out that my driveshaft doesn't have much meat engaged on the splines. 2 rather important items to address before I head off across the California/Nevada desert for the maiden voyage!

But it's now titled and registered along with plates so that's a plus!

The Viva countdown continues.....

NAES

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  16. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Being 7000 miles away from my projects, they are doing nothing but collecting dust. But by the miracle of the interwebs, parts for them keep magically showing up for the wife to put in the garage...
    IMG_3832.JPG

Gonna be an interesting thrash when I get back from the big sandbox. A month of paid leave, three project cars, a year's worth of honey-do's, the wife, the kid, the house, and a new born.

...I guess I can't expect to get much done, really.

falcongeorge, clem and tb33anda3rd like this.
  17. Finally on the road with the latest project: 50 Tudor with a built 8BA block, Scat crank & rods, OS Pistons, SS Valves, ported & relieved, headers, Edlebrock heads, Isky cam, Offie intake, 1 wire alternator, full MSD ignition (can be used for arc welding in a pinch) custom fan pulley etc etc hooked to a Mustang WC T5 spinning a Maverick rear end, Jamco disc brakes and lowering spindles
    Next is the interior

IMG_0084.JPG IMG_0084.JPG IMG_0078.JPG

18. Talk about a full plate :)

Jet96 likes this.
  19. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought a car that way, also from the opposite side of the planet, parts too. :)

20. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Yep, wouldn't want to be bored when I come home. I want to just concentrate on finishing one of the cars in that time, but I can't decide which. In any case, the wife holds all the trump cards...

Did the same on my last trip over here. Bought, equipped, n' paid for while overseas. Built in the month that followed.

Jet96 likes this.
  21. chiro

chiro

After six years of collecting parts and building, I am happy to say that I will be driving it to TROG in June. Still enough work to do to call it a thrash between now and then, but I'm getting close to the "punch list". It runs, steers and stops, although I have not driven it in the yard yet (soon) . Have to install body and top wood, wiring and lights front and rear and grill shell. Also need to finalized the front floor board, toe board and fabricate the gas pedal assembly. Slowly but surely. All aspects have been thought out for months and years and all the parts are present (save miscellaneous crap). It's just finding the TIME to get it all done.

Andy

22. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpg a bit off topic , however...picking up this 39 Cadillac and a parts car on Monday , wanna chop it , lower it , etc......first chop I'm doing in 10 years , I'm sure I'll do it nice.....I'll post a thread when I start

23. 31Apickup

31Apickup

My Coupe project is going slow. Once I make more progress I'll start a build thread.

2016 Coupe.jpg

low budget likes this.
  24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Currently money isn't the problem an with the roadster I'm not throwing a lot of money at it but TIME is at a premium with my screwy work schedule that doesn't allow me to get in an hour or two of work on the car after work plus no garage to work in slows things down.

25. Body's mounted, finishing up the hood and a few other parts now. Then it's on to the fun stuff (wiring :mad:).
    Final April7.JPG

26. Tom,the roadster looks great and I love the color! HRP

27. Thanks Danny. 'Glad to hear your PT is going well. Keep at it and I'll see you at SIM.
    PS...I'm Soooo glad I didn't paint it Brown.

28. [​IMG]

Was moving along with my 29 roadster project til I broke 4 ribs and lacerated my spleen mountain biking. Now I can't bike for 2 months so should have more time to build the roadster!

The push is to have it on the road this summer but it's an ambitious goal.

Here is what it looked like before I broke the car down to powdercoat the frame. enjoying the process.

. [​IMG]

RainierHooker likes this.
  29. trollst

trollst

DSC05783.JPG Finished the registration process today, got plates, took mrs troll to the local watering hole in same roadster, maiden trip, actually made it both ways without catching fire or breaking, had a fine dinner, answered a lot of questions, still in primer. I'll drive it all summer, paint and upholster this coming winter, life is good. I thrashed my ass off all winter, got her done.

falcongeorge likes this.