Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hows it goin... from Kandahar, Afghanistan.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by LMopar69, Oct 2, 2010.

1. LMopar69

LMopar69

Hey folks. Just stumbled accross this forum and I like what I see. So, figured why not register on just one more. ;)

Anyway, 18+ years of active duty Army service. UH-60 Blackhawk Pilot, currently on what I hope to be my last year long combat tour (number 5).

When I am at home, Im usually found in the garage working on my 1946 Dodge truck. My first "street rod" build. Its coming along nicely, although slowly.

I have a multitude of Mopars right now, the 46 truck, 69 Charger, 70 Challenger, my race car... a 89 Ram 50 (nasty little bugger) and some newer stuff just to drive.

See ya'll around.

Laine.

2. THANK YOU for your service and STAY SAFE... Good luck on your build, welcome from Arkansas & enjoy the h.a.m.b.! Later...

3. Laine, ................Welcome to the H.A.M.B. .................from Arkansas City, KS.
    Thank You for your service, and make sure to BE SAFE and return after this tour of duty to your family and Those MOPARS !!!

firstnomad
    www.angelfire.com/jazz/flatlandstudio

4. big bad john

big bad john

Welcome to H.A.M.B........THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THIS COUNTRY AND BE SAFE.........Big Bad John

5. LMopar69

LMopar69

Thanks guys. I get to go home to the family for my 2 weeks of R & R leave at the end of October. Gotta check on my trucks and cars too!

Im hoping to find a late model Hemi and transmission from a truck, 300, Charger etc... to put into my 46. Figure that would be kinda cool. Eventually slap a supercharger on it just for fun. Currently I have a mild 360 that I built. Its ready to go in it with a 727 behind it. I just think one of the new injected Hemis would be kinda fun.

Laine.

6. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Des Moines,Iowa

Thank You for serving & yes...BE SAFE!!

7. RichG

RichG

Welcome... Thank you for what you do, and for goodness sake, be careful and get yourself home!

8. Welcome from Connecticut.Every one at home thanks for you service You guys are what makes this country great! Stay safe.

9. LMopar69

LMopar69

Thanks guys. The plan is to make it home. ;) Just gotta stick to the plan and things will be great!

It sure will be nice to get back to Tennessee to the family for a couple weeks. The good part is, when I come back here to Kandahar in mid November, I only have a few months left. Hope time goes by fast.

Laine.

10. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Rowlett, Tx.----appreciate your service and keep safe. Get home soon.

11. captmullette

captmullette

welcome, and thanks for your service, from carrabelle fl

12. LMopar69

LMopar69

Thanks guys... just 3 more weeks and I'll be at home for 14 days! Cant wait.

Laine.

13. LMopar69

LMopar69

LOL, roger that. Hot Rod it is then for me. I guess I'll kinda be a mix of "hot rod" and "custom". Im not goin "rat rod" but Im not slamming it to the ground, baggin it and spending millions on it either. So, maybe I need to think of a new term for mine. Hmmm... its gonna be a slick, fast(ish), smoothed, slightly lowered with a raked stance, every day driver. Im guessing my muscle car blood line will show pretty well when its done.

Laine.

14. Thank you, Sir, for your service. Keep a sharp eye out and give us all a shout when you get home!

15. Welcome from Birnamwood Wi!! Home of pissed off farmers with squirrel rifles !! Thanks for your service to our country !!!!

16. LMopar69

LMopar69

LOL, Thanks guys. Kellys Hot Rod Parts... I used to be one of those pissed off farmers with a squirrel rifle (and a few other guns). Grew up on a farm in the middle of nowhere Nebraska.

I am really enjoying this web site, so yeah, you guys are stuck listening to me ramble about my Mopars. I cant wait to get back to work on them. Flyin helicopters is pretty cool, and twin turbine engines putting out 3600 ponies is a trip, but there nothin like the sound of a tough Mopar small block! Music to my ears.

Laine.

17. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Welcome, thank you for your service and stay safe

18. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

Welcome aboard from New York. Please add my THANKS to the many that you have received. And pass the THANKS to all of your buddies serving our country. Once you are home safe and sound keep us posted on your Dodge hot rod. Keeping it all MoPar makes it all the more special!

19. LMopar69

LMopar69

Will do ramrod. I appreciate all the thanks guys, but, honestly, its my pleasure! Where else can I get paid fairly well to have so much fun flying bad ass helicopters in a combat zone? Yeah, some days are better than others, and Im away from my family WAY too much, but, the good side is, Im 36 years old, and I CAN retire in 2 years. I wont, but I could.

I'll be finishing this 12 month tour and leaving Afghanistan in March. I'll head back to Tennessee. I will be moving to Fort Rucker, Alabama about 9 or 10 months from now to be a UH-60 Instructor Pilot teaching brand new aviators how to handle a Blackhawk. Good times good times.

Laine.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  21. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Welcome thanks for what you are doing over there, because of you guys and gals defending our country that we can enjoy the freedom we have. Thoughts and prayers with you all.

22. LMopar69

LMopar69

Now THAT is awesome! A soldier who gives all he can for his country and buddies deserves that kind of treatment for sure. I have the utmost respect for you little brother. I'll check out his profile and see if I can find some pics of his 54.

Me, I have been VERY lucky! I did a tour in Saudi, and two in Iraq as a truck driver. Over 200,000 miles driving all over that place. My truck got shot up a lot, and I did my share of shooting, but luckily I personally never was hit. I decided it was better to get shot out of the air than blown up on the ground so I put in for Warrant Officer. I got picked up for flight school, finished that, then went to the mighty 101st Airborne Division where I am now on my 2nd tour flying in Afghansitan with them. I've had a few close calls, and lost some really good friends, but so far, Im hangin in there.

Laine.

23. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Welcome to the HAMB

24. LMopar69

LMopar69

Thanks G-lover. Im diggin this place. Plenty of good info, links to companies, nice folks and bad ass cars/trucks.

Laine.

25. LMopar69

LMopar69

Figured ya'll might like to see my OTHER hot rod... this one is a bit newer than most on the site, but with 3600HP on tap, I figure exceptions can be made.

This is me and my buddy Mike doing a one wheel insertion of some Canadian Special Forces guys yesterday north of the Argandab River Valley here in Afghanstan.

As you can tell, we couldnt put the entire helicopter in the spot they wanted to be, so we did a couple one wheel landings to get all of them up there. Including a military working dog named Kimo.

Good times.

Laine

Attached Files:

26. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Wow man, those pics are awesome. Welcome to the HAMB Laine, come home safe and get them Mopars going!

27. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Thank you for what you do, and welcome from Texas.

28. LMopar69

LMopar69

Thanks guys. Gotta say, some days I love my job. Other days I just like it. ;)

Laine.

29. LMopar69

LMopar69

Home in Tennessee right now for my 2 weeks of mid-tour leave. Sooooo nice to be with my family. Gonna make it to the shop today and check out my hot rod.

Laine.

30. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

Laine, welcome to the H.A.M.B. from wayOUT weST AZ............
    Thank you Sir for All you Do for Us!