Register now to get rid of these ads!

How's everyones winter projects going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46binder, Jan 29, 2011.

1. illterminal

illterminal

I try to do a little something at least once a day. My garage is really well insulated and stays about 10 to 15 degrees above outside temp, If I run the heater its not bad at all. My biggest problem is lack of money so I'm mostly doing disassembly and cutting out the rusted floors on my chevy.

2. Still stuck on the Cape while the ball and chain gets her act together to leave for FL.
    I have pulled the seats out and almost done with the interior. My 1st stitch job,

Attached Files:

3. grey46

grey46

I was doin fine till I discovered a bad rear U-Joint,its a British Ford rear and had to order the U-Joint,then decided to check rear brakes,havent had the car long so still sorting things out,found both sets of shoes almost into the shoe. Again Brit rear so now searching for rear shoes,with no luck cept get them out of the UK. Did find a place 30 miles away that can just reline my shoes but we are supposed to get big time winter storms starting tomorrow for 3 days ,so may be cabin bound,at least it aint 75 and sunny out with a car needing parts. Just gotta love it...

4. One of the "problems" with having the same rod for 7 years, and using it as your summer daily driver is that you get to a point where it truly is finished. The biggest danger with something like my roadster pickup is that after a certain point, if you do any more to it, it starts to take on the "circus wagon" look. The "Wild Canary" is setting in the garage, covered up with old bedsheets and waiting for spring. No project work on it this winter.

5. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

My shop is heated so the A project is going great I also have my Grandson Helping it along

Attached Files:

6. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    '40 Plymmie pickup should be on the road this summer.

7. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

I dove in deep this winter tackeling the rust in my 59 wagon so i can paint it this spring. I am remembering why I have said in the past "no more rust buckets".
    It seems to work for a while until i see some car that needs to be saved.
    hopefully I will get it back on the road by June

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  8. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

My "early" winter project is completing a 36' x 36' garage addition. I just came in from doing the last coat of mud on the drywall. Then it's balls deep onto my 34' tudor project once again. That will hopefully be within the next week or two.

9. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Slow money is tight .Next batch of money Ill get more kero and get back out there .......

10. jclars

jclars
    from Lynden, WA

Got the painted body back on the completed frame this fall, with the 3rd winter on the horizon...

First winter I have had heat (and I'm a heating contractror!). What a difference in the amount of time spent on the project.

Just finished deciding on wire wheels and tracking down bolt on spline adapters (disk ralley type were stock).

I am currently waiting for the main carpet set to arrive, and a panel kit. Then I can get the seats back in and be ready for a sunny day spin.

Really enjoying this site as I ramp up toward my next desired project (56 F-100).

John

Attached Files:

11. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

I'm hoping to be ready for paint by the time it's warm enough to paint.<BR>
    [​IMG]

12. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

After 2 years work this '36 is almost ready to test drive! Engine, trans, driveshaft and rear end are in. Shocks are mounted. Gas tank and lines in. Brakes plumbed. Burning 5 gals of Kerosene every weekend in the old SuperFlame and staying warm inthe barn. Just need to wire the lights 12v. Can't wait for the first show of the season, probably the Mansfield Mushroom Festival.

Attached Files:

13. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

My winter project is coming along nicely, but I must be dyslexic. I went from this (June 2010)...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

To this (Jan 31 2011)...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm basically "un-rat rodding" a very poorly built truck. It looked great on the surface but the chassis was so bad I'm amazed it actually went down the road.

14. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Being a self employed Furniture maker and 85% of my business is Now thru Feb I have not worked on the 54 since mid November. And add all of the snoe to revove around here this winter I haven't had much of an Automotive life.

15. MLG

MLG

The 46 Dodge pickup is coming along real good in heated shop,but the snow has put a dampner on things for a few days. Goy my 241 Hemi 4 days ago(53 Coronet), can't wait to introduce them together.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  16. MLG

MLG

The 46 Dodge pickup is coming along real good in heated shop,but the snow has put a dampner on things for a few days. Goy my 241 Hemi 4 days ago(53 Coronet), can't wait to introduce them together.

Attached Files:

17. After 6 years of building, it is all painted and in assembly, which hopefully will be final assembly this time around. Shooting for back on the road by this Spring.

18. Getting the engine buttoned back up after a very long sleep. With the exception of a little
    dog hair and sawdust in the exhaust ports, everything was amazingly clean and free.

Re-routing brake lines and switching to a Mustang dual master cyl. will be next on the agenda.

19. remaxman

remaxman

I thought the Xtreme Metro would have been far enough along to take to Autorama but progress has not come quick enough. You can track the progress on my blog at http://www.XtremeMetro.Blogspot.com This has been a long winter but an ever long time getting this thing on the road.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Termites Ate my Chevy

Termites Ate my Chevy

Tacked in the front lower shock mounts, added a PCV to the Merc Flathead,got a smoking deal on the 2X2 intake, got most of the engine bolted together just no pictures yet.

Attached Files:

21. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Progress is slow with no heat in the shop but last week I did get the drivers door hung on my rpu, got the latch mounted and the striker plate put in. Now all it needs is a shim under the striker plate.
    Also on O/T vehicle, my 57 Ford 640, I got the has tank pulled off, boiled out and a new fuel line welded in to replace the original shut off.

22. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

After about a month and a half of doing nothing, I finally got the bug to get back at it. Interior ripped out, seats being redone, custom rear deck to hide some speakers (finally adding some tunes !!), trying to figure out how to get 3 point seatbelts for the front, and how all the damn interior part are supposed to go in (PO obviously had no idea).
    Next in line is to pull the manifolds and see what I can do about splitting them.
    Still got about 3 months before I'll be able to get her out from the backyard so I should have lots of time !!!

23. FANTASY FACTORY

FANTASY FACTORY

NY winters are good for nuthin, and good at it.
    And ya cant get squat done in a 1 car garage.
    But I got a basement full of sub assemblies ready for the spring thaw!

[​IMG]

24. LUCKY DEVIL 13

LUCKY DEVIL 13

Got a heated shop so I have been out everyday bustin my ass to get the 42 pickup finished for summer :) Goin pretty good so far :)

25. MODELA30

MODELA30

Slow!! Slow!!! But i did rebuild the engine got it in a short block here are some pics. The car is all apart. But then i am also building a knucklehead 46 starting to look like a finished bike!!! Knuck from indiana.

Attached Files:

26. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

Thigs have been slow and no go here as far as working on my truck. Its been to friggin cold or too windy. Here in the desert the wind gets crazy.

The truck is in a long carport, no walls. So we're more open to weather. Its getting a bit warmer though so its going to be back to work..I mean fun here shortly! I got my cam reground and I'm supposed to be taking my block down to LA to get it cleaned, line bored and the cylinders bored out .060.

Then next month, new pistons and rings, lifters, pushrods and other assorted motor goodies. Can't wait to start the rebuild on the motor!

27. OGS41

OGS41

Putting in some louvered bed extension panels. Gotta try to get some carpet in the cab for the Mrs.

Attached Files:

28. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

aint done shit

29. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

30. I'm at the 95% finished point. You know that BASTARD of a point where you are just SICK and TIRED of looking at it, and you know if you sell or trade it your gonna get hosed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plust the damn thing has been titled and tagged for the last 2 years, and I haven't driven it once. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: