Register now to get rid of these ads!

Howel's Sheetmetal Co. at it again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 067chevy, Nov 10, 2010.

1. 067chevy

067chevy

What is the deal with these people? I bought innner and outer 35 Ford door patches off ebay from them this time and thought that might make a difference. I did the buy it now and paid by paypal on Oct. 25 and still haven't received my parts. I called last week and they didn't know why they hadn't gone out so they were going to overnight them to me but haven't seen them yet. I put up with this same shit a year ago with some Model A patch panels. Anybody else use there stuff lately?

2. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I was going to get some A parts from them next week but I will go with Brookville now. I don't like dealing with companies that don't take care of thier customers. Just my .02

Thanks for the heads up!

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I sort of ran into a problem with the shipper mislabeling something and was sitting in post office,The person sent another set and they both arrived ,,,,So i shipped one set back.....

4. 067chevy

067chevy

Good Job. That was sure nice of you. Don't fine people doing that kind of thin very often anymore.

5. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

i ordered from them twice recently. No issues.

6. 067chevy

067chevy

I'm calling again tomorrow.

7. 067chevy

067chevy

Anybody bought from Tommy Meyer Ford?

8. I bought a Model A decklid skin from them 2 months ago.It was on my doorstep 7 days later.I had purchased a set of lower patch panels from them before that and received them in the same amount of time...

Sometimes there is a circumstance that is beyond the shippers control.Other times the shipper is just too lazy to send stuff out in a timely fashion.Oct 25th to Nov.10(lil over 2 weeks)doesn't sound all that unreasonable.2 months?Now thats just crazy! :eek:

9. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

I bought 2 times from them on e-bay and had no problems,maybe me living so close to them made a difference.

10. itsnotaratrod

itsnotaratrod
    from california

it look them 2 weeks when i bought mine in may ... ive noticed a ton of complaints about them though ..

11. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I have bought from them on Ebay and ordered over the phone from them with no problems.

12. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

i've never had any problems with howell, but i call them and make sure the parts are in-stock when i order. i do this with anyone i buy from as model a parts are easy to get from lots of sources but not always in-stock

recently i called howell for a top wood kit, they didn't have them in-stock, either did cw moss, or car line so i ordered from synders instead

all those sites will take orders whether they have one on the shelf or not and if they don't have it you could be waiting a long time.

13. 067chevy

067chevy

Don't you think if they were selling them on ebay for a bid or buy it now they would have them in stock.
    When I sell something on ebay I have it in my possession and have it sent out as soon as I receive clear payment. I don't wait a week or two.

14. ems customer service

ems customer service

35 ford door bottom patchs , call us we can ship same day got plenty in stock ems call kim 216-541-4585

15. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

-Jason

16. cgascompression

cgascompression

great service here. from them