Register now to get rid of these ads!

Howell's Sheetmetal ?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 067chevy, May 22, 2009.

1. 067chevy

067chevy

Anybody have a phone number for them. Looks like the web site is shut down and I need to contact them. I just talked to someone there last Friday
    and they were going to have my order out that same day and I still haven't received it.

2. Weasel

Weasel

I get (409) 727-1999 - Ryan Walton proprietor. Keep us posted - if they are having problems we need to know. Website comes up with a GoDaddy page.

3. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

Try doing a search for Howell's,Seems there were some issues with them.

4. 067chevy

067chevy

Phone is disconnected and yeah I did a search and I have always had good service with them. They are still selling on Ebay and I ask them for there phone number so maybe that will work. Makes me nervous when they got my money and I don't have the parts.

5. Brewton

Brewton

Do a search - there have been several post about them. I had problems with them.

6. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

They had a big display at the Pate swap meet at Texas Motor Speedway back in April. Looked like they had a lot of stuff ready to sell.

7. 067chevy

067chevy

I did the search and it looks as if they have had problems but I have done lots of business with them and always got my part in a timely manner.
    With the web site shut down and the phone disconnected look kie there out of business.

8. 067chevy

067chevy

Who else makes quality door patch panels for model a's?

9. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Macs. I was VERY satisfied.

10. Bphotrod

Bphotrod
    from da U.P.

Just got my set from them a week or so ago. Bought off ebay, no problems. Took maybe a week and a half to get them. Nice pieces.

11. olskool34

olskool34

Screw this place. I ordered some parts from Ryan for my 26 T from him and three weeks ago he said it was in the mail and that the parts were in stock. I called him the following week and he said they were going out that Wednesday. They just showed up this wednesday, one month to the day after I payed for them. Also my door repair patches were an 1/8 inch to short so my body line doesn't line up. Try to get them from someone else.

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  12. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I've been using them for years and had nothing but great experiences. I would recomend them wholeheartedly.

13. 067chevy

067chevy

So whats the story with there phone and web site then?

14. olskool34

olskool34

Maybe I just had a bad experiance but telling me three different times that the order was going out is bad, it took me to file a claim through paypal to get my stuff. Never would deal with them again. IMO.

15. studematt

studematt

Its not howells any more. Its called 09-40. I know it sounds stupid but that is the new name. I think some of there patches are better than brookvilles.

16. Mark T

Mark T

"I think some of there patches are better than brookvilles"

Really, which ones?

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, how do you make patches better than the perfect ones? :confused:

18. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I recently bought a bunch of 29 Ford roadster sheet metal from them, but picked it up in person. I can't answer any web questions.

19. 067chevy

067chevy

I just got some patches from what used to be Zanes Model A parts and is now owned by Ron's Restoration in Glade, Kansas. Called them, They had what I needed and were coming to Doniphan, Nebrsaka to the races tonight and brought them with. My wife drove 15 mile and met them and now I have what Howells couldn't deliver. Now I just have to get my mony back.and I will never do business with them again. So for you Model a parts call Zanes in Glade Kansas 785-543-6729. They said the were working on a new catalog.

20. man-a-fre

man-a-fre

Birdhaven in iowa usually get it in a day or 2 to your door.Berts model a center in Denver is close too.

21. studematt

studematt

I have had cowl patches and patches that go in front of the rear wheel wells for a couple of 32's from both brookville and howells/(09-40).
    The reviels on howells patches where more like the originals and they looked like they really took there time on there parts instead of just mass producing them. Prices are comparable. Check them out.

22. johnnykck

johnnykck

Their website works great and the phone number on the website is 1-800-375-6663 and it works great also.

23. Some of the stuff is crap and you have to modify the new patches to fit the modified area on the car its going on. Bought some corners for my Model A, had to cut off almost 1/3 of the metal to get them to fit right.

24. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Sadly this has been the history of the Howell family shop since the ancient days when they made Model A Radiator Stone Guards and other parts. The skill and metalworking ability seem to have always been there but the ability to conduct a retail/wholesale business was just never mastered in even the simplest of terms.
    I guess the name change is an attempt to escape the generally negative reputation they have developed over the last 40 years or so.

25. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

I dealt with them through ebay, and was pleased with the results. Nice fit on my '34 rear panel that goes below the decklid. Took my money and shipped it quick. No problems for me.

26. 067chevy

067chevy

I talked to them today and there is no name change and they had some problems with there web site and domain name. Must have forgot to pay the phone bill too but I didn't go into that with Ryan but he assured me that my parts would be delivered in the next few day and that they had been shipped. I guess I'll find out if he's honest or not.

27. boones27t

boones27t
    from redding ca

they are the worst buisness i have ever dealt with i ordered some custom t patch panels about 6 months back he says they have been shipped ever time i call for the past 4 weeks but he is not by the computer to get me a tracking #. I wont ever deal with them again and i sure as hell wont send any buisness there way. O and bye the way still no patch panels.......

28. Uptown83

Uptown83

Always had a great experience with them. I have bought LOTS of patch panels from them. Looks like they upgraded their website was all.

29. johnnykck

johnnykck

just got some parts from them today, bough them on E-Bay, they shipped them when they said they would and the parts are exactly like they look on their website.

30. tim did you ever get your panels?