Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Howells Sheetmetal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Apr 5, 2021.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I know I'm beating a dead horse to death but is Howells still having problems delivering? I have a customer looking for 32 Ford sedan door bottoms and I told him about Howells but that may not be a good thing.

2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Buy them off e-pay from someone who stocks them, not direct form Howells. Save yourself some frustration.

A Boner and flatford39 like this.
  3. Squablow

Squablow

I've heard that if you buy them from their website directly it becomes low priority but buying from them on eBay means they have to get them shipped out reasonably fast, because if they don't, it's really easy to get your money back from them.

They make some stuff that I will eventually need for my '34 project and sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't just get it all now, in case they're not around in the future. They seem to not have a good track record of customer service, but they're the only source for a few of the things I need and I'd hate to lose that source. Their prices are also pretty good, all things considered.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Come on down to one of the biggest swap meets PATE they will be there in person,that is how I deal with them

5. rusty valley

rusty valley

Tom Bay , R J enterprises makes much of the 32-34 stuff they sell. I would check with him first to see if its his part

6. Is this contact info from another HAMB thread several years ago, still current?
    R&J Enterprises
    6034 302 Rd Arkansas City KS
    620-441-0032
    Fax: 620-307-6086
    [email protected]

Pitbullgoingpostal likes this.
  7. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Thanks. I gave him Tom Bays information although Tom doesn't show the parts in his catalogue.

8. If Tom doesn't have it he knows where to get it or who does have it.

9. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

Yes. This information is correct. I drove up to see Tom last week and picked up everything I needed personally. I encourage anyone needing what he provides to deal directly with him.

rusty valley and Tman like this.
  10. Mgoody

Mgoody

Just wanted to let everyone know that the bad press that Howells Sheetmetal / Fordor has gotten over the years is well deserved - and still going strong! Ordered some floor sheetmetal over the phone, because the online order never worked out with 4 separate attempts (you place the order, when you hit submit it alerts you that they will call you back to confirm - But They Don't). They took my order, my CC info, The shipping address and after a couple weeks, i tried to contact them - NO ANSWER.. Left a dozen or so messages, NO RETURN CALL... I then changed my caller ID to show a Houston, TX area code, and they answered on the 1st ring (apparently they screen their calls). When we spoke about my order, I heard lots of shuffling of papers, then said to me; "sorry, I can't find your order"! Then he mumbled something about someone being at the bank, but would call me back... I won't hold my breath...
    Its amazing that this company is still around. They really are a terribly run company.

Kiwi 4d and da34guy like this.