Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Jason Mitchell

Jason Mitchell

First time poster here, but not new to forums, etc.
    I'm building a car...some could call it a rat rod and some could call it a hotrod. It's a 28/29 A Tudor with a 3 1/2" chop. As it is, there is no floor, no paint, and not a splinter of wood inside. It's all rust and needs some patch panels at the bottom. It was rescued from becoming a yard art flower planter. I'm not into the rat rod scene, but considering building it up without paint. Im building a 59AB motor (also rusty) and have a '39 trans for it. Currently looking for a set of 16" wires from a '35 Ford among other stuff. I dont plan to use the original fuel tank or dash for several reasons, but I do have a solid but rusty 1930 chevy dash and am either using the gauge cluster from a 34 Dodge or a 31 Buick. Also considering a late 20s Nash grille shell and radiator that I already have. My frame is on '46 Ford axles. No spider webs, whiskey bottles, saw blades, tractor grilles, plasma cut flames, jail bars, fake patinas or road signs....just car parts. So does that make it a rat rod, or just a platypus?...not that I care what anyone thinks....just wanna make sure I post in the right place.
    I posted a video to youtube if anyone is interested in following along.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9SWRw_mXSJ9xG7FsYR_2Pw?view_as=subscriber
    Also, if anyone is in the Memphis TN area, holler and lets get a beer.

Jason

Just Gary likes this.
  2. Nicholas Coe

Nicholas Coe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tontitown

Welcome! Sounds like you're in the right place.

I'm in Tontitown, Arkansas.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Nicholas Coe

Nicholas Coe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tontitown

4. Jason Mitchell

Jason Mitchell

5. Jason Mitchell

Jason Mitchell

Thanks. If I'm ever over that way, Ill try to meet with you. I've been wanting to fly over there anyway. BTW, I posted my second video of my project last night. Cant believe the response I have had on the first one.
    Cheers!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020