Register now to get rid of these ads!

Howdy Y'all!!!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by SLCK64, Oct 4, 2009.

1. SLCK64

SLCK64

My name is Jake, I hail from Sycamore, IL. Known of your site for a couple years and finally decided to join. I have a 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente, 4 door. I am wanting to transform it to an AWB car this winter, finally decided the route I wanted to go with it. Anyone know of any good articles with good pics and info on altering? I have good welding skills and availablity to a machine shop for all my fabbing needs, plus a couple friends that have a fridge full of Pabst's that are more than willing to lend some hands. Any info you all have to pass along is much appreciated!!! Awesome site, BTW!!!!

2. Hello and Welcome from Central Valley Calif.
    The welding skills will come in handy, you might want to check out some of the threads on converting a 4 door into a 2 door.. just a thought.
    Sounds like a cool project I love the old Comets

3. RUSTALOT

RUSTALOT
    from GA.

Welcome, gotta love the comets

4. SLCK64

SLCK64

Thank ya much for the welcome!!! But i love my 4 door, gotta represent!!! (I can see what ya mean, more space to bring the axle forward) I know its not true hot rod form, but its more room for my friends when get it up to 3/4 throttle! (dont wanna get too crazy with more than only my soul in the car and about 410ci's, plannin on a 390 with a 428 crank)!!!

Heres a pic of the car in 2000 a year after i got it, nevermind the helper springs they are long gone got new rear leafs....(and bumper gaurds are gone lol, whos idea was that?!?!)
    [​IMG]

5. 440shawn

440shawn

Welcome from Illinois, cool car!