Register now to get rid of these ads!

Howdy from the Texas Gulf Coast

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by stinkyfinger, Nov 18, 2011.

1. stinkyfinger

stinkyfinger

Been a lurker for abit finally signed now that I have a reason to. Finally got me some wheels; a 53 Ford Customline. Much of the work has already been done when I purchased it. I don't really have enough time for a total project. So I went the almost there route.

1953 Ford Customline 2 Door
    Has a new crate GM 350 engine 350 transmission. The original 6 cylinder and Fordomatic have been replaced with a 350/350 Chevy combo.

The original rear is still intact. This I'm wanting to change out. From what I've read here at H.A.M.B a Mavrick rear end is the way to go?

It has an new Aluminum Radiator. The paint is FLAT black paint with the top paint Metallic Silver. It has 50 Mercury headlights that was molded in. The interior has a new steering wheel to match the Silver Paint on top of car.

The interior is brand new with black and White seats, new carpet and new headliner.

The trunk lid has had all emblems removed, and all the holes have beem filled. The car has been lowered four inches in the front, and 5 inches in the rear. The car is equipped with WW's all around and the caps are repop lancers.

Brand new jet hot coated block hugger headers, glasspacks, and stainless exhaust pipes.

The floors had been replaced.

Things to fix: It has all new gauges but the Speedometer isn't working. Window roller keeps comming off. I have to use my shoulder to push open the door, but when driving the door wants to open :O.

edit add- need driver side arm rest/pull, wiper arms.

I have created an album for my profile and will add more pics of the under carriage.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. Nice looking ride.
    Welcome from Michigan.

3. Renegade Rodder

Renegade Rodder

Welcome from the other end of Texas ... cool Ford

4. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

5. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Welcome neighbor ! Howdy from beaumont tx. Very nice ride!

6. Roach Studios

Roach Studios

Welcome to the HAMB! From Columbus, OH

7. stinkyfinger

stinkyfinger

Thanks for the Welcome Yall

8. svo

svo

Welcome from just north of you about 10 minutes.

9. spikez57

spikez57

Nice ride..... Welcome

10. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Howdy from the West Coast of Florida.

That sure is a sweet ride and it looks like it is sitting just right.

Hope you enjoy the site and great advice from all the nice folks who reside here.

11. Welcome from up in Denton