Register now to get rid of these ads!

How'd the noob do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tjroadster, Mar 2, 2007.

1. tjroadster

tjroadster

I took your advice and got the one I wanted. Thanks again for all the opinions. Let me get an honest opinion on what I got. Ed, I'll be over in a bit to get an ideas on building a frame.

Attached Files:

2. A 5-window and a flattie...I'd say you did great.

Did you buy that body locally?

Bryan

3. Crankhole

Crankhole

I'd love me a 5-winda.

4. tjroadster

tjroadster

I found it in Auburn. The guy had sport coupe but wanted an amount that was out of my budget. Besides, this one had so much more character.

5. It looks a lot like one I was looking at last year that was for sale in North Highlands which is a good thing! You're right...lots of character.

Bryan

6. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

7. guiseart

guiseart

yep - go get 'em.

8. metalman

metalman

Looks much better then I expected from what you said in your first post. Much cooler then a sport coupe in my opinon. Have to admit I hate to see you cut the top off, they always looklike cut off coupes but here again, I love chopped coupes. I wouldn't bother with that old flathead, I have my brother come by and get it out of your way if you want! Good luck with it, ya done good!

9. tjroadster

tjroadster

I almost hate to cut the roof off to. I love the look of them chopped. The only problem is I'm 6'6". I needed the leg room of a five window but I need the head room of a roadster. I'll try not too butcher the job. I also want to try and keep the top. As far as the flathead goes, I think it can stay with me. It likes it here.

10. metalman

metalman

Not too much of a noob if not willin to throw away a flat motor!LOL. I feel your pain, I'm 6'4", being tall & lovin chop tops can be a pain in the neck (literaly) sometimes.

11. Nitrosquid

Nitrosquid

Nice score man. Here's a picture of kantgetnuns '28 A. He's been going back and forth wether or not to chop it. I totally love it the way that it is. It sits low so the stock roof height looks kick ass, IMO.
    hamb1.jpg

hamb2.jpg

hamb3.jpg

12. Give the top an extreme chop and just leave it unfilled.

13. tjroadster

tjroadster

Well I got some time to think about it. I'm going to leave the top on until I get most of it built. I think if I kept the top it would have tobe chopped. It's not necessarily better, it just looks meaner. That's just me though.