Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to wire a Yankee 960 turn sinal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Archie31, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Hello fellow HAMBers. I am using a Yankee 960 turn signal and need some help. I am running it on my 31 Ford Roadster with 6 volt no front turn signals only on the rear with a Yankee turn signal with arrows that I want to hook up. I am using a single Drum light for brake light so I won't need to hook it up to the turn signal switch. Question is do I use a 2 or 3 prong relay flasher and does any one have a diagram or could tell me where to hook up the 4 wires. I am pretty sure there is several HAMBers that have done this. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. cartoon14

cartoon14

3. 24riverview

24riverview

Have not worked with the Yankee but most 4 wire signal switches are wired the same. You will need a 3 prong flasher, they're normally marked X-voltage supply, P-goes to the indicator light in switch and L-goes to actual right/left switch. Open up the back of your unit, I'm assuming it will look like this. This should be correct unless I've got the right/left wires switched but they can be reversed. The 4th left over wire will go to the P terminal on flasher for the indicator light. If I'm way off here hopefully someone will correct but I don't think I am.
    Should mention to disregard the wire colors shown here, picture was "borrowed" elsewhere so no idea if correct.

Attached Files:

4. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

You may have trouble getting only one light to flash. Most systems require the draw of two bulbs in order to flash.