Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to Shrink Pics EASY!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pikesan99, Mar 12, 2007.

1. pikesan99

pikesan99

I just found this software called (you guessed it) Shrink Pic. You download it and it runs in the background. Whenever you upload a pic, it automatically shrinks it down. You can set it to whatever size you want. I just used it on my avatar. PIECE OF CAKE!!

Check it out:
    http://www.onthegosoft.com/sp_download.htm

I'm in no way associated with this site or software. I just found it and think its good.

Pikesan

2. punkrex

punkrex
    from PacNW

You can just save the image using paint, usually cuts the image size down quite a bit. If pix size is an issue, I usually upload the file to photobucket, shrinks it and also gives you a URL.
    Cheers!

3. lexistars

lexistars
    from Fontana

Well photobucket works fine, sometimes takes a while if it is a larger File. But Imageshack is the best. It is pretty quick and uploads them with no problem =)

4. y block

y block
    from kcmo

quit wasting time with paintbrush
    try downloading google picasa - its free, u can shrink photos, change lighting, color, saturation, focus, and also organize everything! I use it on my traveling laptop, adobe photoshop on my desktop.

5. pikesan99

pikesan99

I thought everyone would get into this program. It took me 30 minutes to make my first avatar by shrinking it manually using my photo editing too called Photostudio. Then I set the size in Shrink Pic to 200x200 and uploaded the photo I wanted and it automatically shrank it.

With the stuff you guys have mentioned, the shrink is random. Yea, its smaller, but how much smaller and is it the quality you're looking for?

Anyway, just thought I'd let you guy know.
    Pike

6. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

7. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

google irfanview works good for me.... & its free

8. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

9. raaf

raaf
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

all good ideas... but you can also use online editors for basic image mods. example:

http://pixenate.com/

10. I just use the choices offered on PhotoBucket.....they added more selections for size recently. You can have them from full screen to avatar size. If you set your choice to begin with, it automatically sets in your added photos at that dimension. I normally use the "message board" size.

11. I've got no problem on shrinking them, I just can't figure out how to put them here and they inlarge when you click on them.