Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to rate a thread?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Budget36, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Budget36

Budget36

Anyone help out?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. I guess you click on LIKE or comment on the thread. HRP

Stogy and Budget36 like this.
  3. Budget36

Budget36

Thanks, but didn't do it.

I thought you knew everything around here;)

4. ...........................That's the only way I know to do it.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothianwilly71 like this.

5. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If those two guys don't know of another way, then nobody does !

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great thing here is you can go back and make up for not liking and commenting the first time even if its really old. Some members have not been on in a long time and you can check this but if I really like something the least I do is "like" it to show recognition regardless if they haven't been on in a bit. Much of the info here is truly priceless.

Some have even passed and are noted as such but not all.

bowie and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. ..............That's one of the beautiful things about this place. Sometimes I stumble upon an old thread from 6, 7, even 10 years ago, that has become dormant. If it seems relevant and might be informative to someone new to the forum, I will comment myself or at least bump it back up for others to see. The Jalopy Journal/ H.A.M.B. is arguably the greatest archive of information on traditional hot-rods and customs to be found anywhere.:)

HOTRODPRIMER, bowie, wraymen and 2 others like this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had an interesting conversation with a fella my way a few weeks ago at a dealership about his Avanti and I did a search here on Avanti's...found one, brought it BTTT with a story about it and it generated a number of new posts and interesting comments and information...so yeah I like that and posts are never to old to re-open. Great posts are great posts no matter how old they are and many are worthy of likes regardless of age.

ClayMart and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. I believe the only thing you can rate is the experience you have had with a seller/buyer. I'm not completely sure how it's done though.
    As far as rating threads, I think the number of posts and the actual comments take care of that.

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not so sure about the comments and responses forming a rating. If anything it may reflect interest in the subject matter.

I have seen hugely iconic period stuff get barely a page or like which is kind of unfortunate being it spot on period material.

I happen onto great threads thru connecting images found in www search and they are buried in the archives of posts past and I like to give mention to the poster and thread in posting the photo in thread I am participating in.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. I was being slightly facetious, hoping that the OP was referring to rating a seller or buyer. This can be very helpful to some one sending money or parts across the country. MHO is that threads nor posts need to be rated and I was suggesting that a comment or even a like is enough to show that you enjoyed it. If we start getting into rating everything then it just becomes a dog and pony show.
    I respect that you acknowledge an original poster or photographer. That is the way it should be done.

I give this thread a "2" (1-10) based on the fact that I am involved in it.;)
    Lowering the curve since 1958.:)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  12. And fortunately, I think there's more than just a little bit of effort being put into keeping the HAMB from turning into a "social media" site. ;) (Thanx, Big "R" and the Mods!)

wraymen likes this.
  13. [QUOTE="ClayMart, post: 12599366, (Thanx, Big "R" and the Mods!)[/QUOTE]

That would of been a good name for a 60's British band.

14. town sedan

town sedan

By becoming an Alliance Member you've already rated the entire site. Can't do much better than that.
    -Dave

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. I gave you a like and a comment,best I can do. :D HRP

Budget36 likes this.