Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to mount my truck cab? Ideas?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shagrat, May 30, 2007.

1. Shagrat

Shagrat

Hello all,
    I'm getting ready to start working on my 47 Dodge truck project. I will be channeling the cab over an 87 Dodge Ram 50 frame (I know it's not really traditional, but it's the right wheel base and gives me disc brakes and power steering). The floor is pretty much gone, so I am going to build it from scratch. I'd like to see how some of you guys have built your body mounts and floors. The frame perches will be no problem, but what would be a good way to build the reinforcement for the floor. I'm sure I could figure something out on my own, but some of you guys are awesome fabricators and I'm not ashamed to steal a good idea.
    Thanks
    Dan

2. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

cut the old floor out, make a hole new subfloor out of 1" square tubing, and connect that to the sub floor rails. something like this...

Attached Files:

• e6_3.jpg
      e6_3.jpg
      File size:
      110.2 KB
      Views:
    • f3_3.jpg
      f3_3.jpg
      File size:
      95.2 KB
      Views:
  4. level the frame first and take a look at the stock ram 50 mounts then go down to the wrecking yard with your camera and start taking pic's the light will come on soon enough. do whatever works to get you rolling. post some pic's of your project sound cool! :D :D

5. Shagrat

Shagrat

Thanks, guys!
    The stock frame mounts are not even close.
    I like the look of the square tubing framework. With that, you can figure in seat mounting points and everything.
    I'll post pictures once I get going.
    Dan