Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to Hide money from Yourself

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

I have a friend who is on a constant search for scrap. He is retired and claims be can earn $100-200/week. Uses it to finance toys. I save money for a 25th wedding present
    by having money taken from my paycheck before my wife or I saw it.

2. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I set up a debit card account for any savings , usually side work and buying and selling things is how it is funded. I always need separate money so I can surprise her with anniversaries , birthdays etc.. and hobby falls in there too. She does not worry what I have in there as long as I have some coin for emergency items .

3. carryallman

carryallman

my wifed real good about saving some money of mine for something i dont usually need ?? we was at a minnesota swap meet one year /there was a 48 anglia 1/2 ton van ,all original 1500.00 bucks !! i said- damn i wish i had brought some money or could get that amount from a money card {,but would of been a big hassle trying to find a money machine and getting that amount in one shot ! }my wife said if i wanted it tell guy we would take it ?? bless her soul / she :Dhad a secret stash /that she brought along ,for such emergencies !!!

4. noboD

noboD

ouch!!!

5. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

I used to buy silver bars.... Those are hard to spend at the beer store and used to be worth alot more. It was a good way to save a couple grand because you cant see them piling up in your safe.

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Kinda following on Brandi's advice, I do mine with E-bay. I have my Pay Pal account tied to a Visa debit card, and am constantly selling stuff on the Bay. It's kind of out of sight out of mind for me, 'cause every time something sells, it grows and I don't have it in hand to spend. When I need to make a bigger purchase, I take my card to the bank, draw what I need and go buy what I want. Works pretty well for me.

7. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374361224.922366.jpg well I don't exactly have house hold expenses but none the less I made a box in wood shop and ground down the screw heads down so i cant get into it and i am not cutting it open till I have enough money for paint.

Attached Files:

8. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i have a habit of folding up a spare $20 bill and putting it in one of the pockets of my wallet when the Mrs. and i go to the tavern. if my money in the usual place runs out, i'll have a reserve just in case. one winter when i was laid off from work, i decided to clean out my wallet and, lo-and-behold, i found 5 of those 20s that i'd forgotten about. sure came in handy in a time of need!

9. Give it to your wife for safe keeping,,when you need it ask her for it and you will here what I heard,,What Money? :rolleyes: HRP

10. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Ill trade axles for roof work :D

11. flamed34

flamed34

If I have money tucked away, something always comes up...or the wife needs a few little things and before I know it, it's all gone. Instead of saving cash, I try to buy something at a good deal. If I buy it right, I can sell it right (and quickly), and make a few dollars in the process. I can't always pull it off, but if I have the right stuff I can turn it quick at the swap meet and turn around and buy what I need without the dollars going near my wife.

12. I scrounge around for anything laying around I could sell off here or ebay. I have a Paypal acct and when I get a few hundred saved up I buy what I need.

I just tell myself that money from parts that I sold can only be used for new parts.

Try it. It works...

13. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

A plastic 5 gallon poland springs bottle holds about 2k worth of change. Put it in the back of a closet so it is a pita to get it out but easy to make a deposit. Come home with change or an extra dollar and throw it in. After a little while it gets too heavy to "steal" from. When it's full cash out. If you also throw singles or the occasional five you'll have a nice little take when you finally cash out.

Some banks will allow you to dump large amounts of change directly into you account for free.