Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to drop a Straight axle?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ddpecka348, Nov 27, 2010.

1. ddpecka348

ddpecka348

My father and I were sitting in the garage the other night discussing Axles and front end set ups along with the next car i want to build.. and we got on the subject of dropping I-beam axles. Dad sort of explained how he believes its done.. and I brought up that i wanted to do some of the 5-6 axles laying around, but thought I'd hit the HAMB and ask if anyone could point us int the right direction of a Tech page or of pics or someones own account of dropping them with some sort of instructions on how to do it!
    Thanks,
    Darrin

2. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

search function.

3. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I will tell you honestly
    To do correctly (few do) and end up with a usable part it takes a ton of time - heavy steel - heavy welding - dedicated tools (some hand made) - and lastly experience that only comes with more time.

If you go down this road like I did … it becomes almost all consuming and you will find it very difficult if not impossible to find time to get your project car on the road.

Personally im now considering paying someone to work on my car