Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How to delete for sale ad

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33 cdan man, Apr 30, 2018.

1. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

My first time listing an item for sale. I sold the parts locally and want to delete the ad from the classified but can't seem to find how to do that. Help needed please.
    Pat

2. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I don't know exactly but what I see people do as myself, just post a reply and say "SOLD"

Pat

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Just leave it alone, we can't delete posts. It will just keep moving down the page and out of sight. You can edit the ad to show it is sold though.

4. Notify a moderator and ask them to delete the the tread,also edit the title thread and mark sold. HRP

Texas Webb likes this.

5. I don't like to bother the moderators, but when I sell an item, I delete all of the content in the post, insert SOLD, and edit the title and price to read SOLD. That way you won't have anyone hitting you up to see if you "really did sell it"!

lothiandon1940 and Texas Webb like this.
  6. With the low cost of data storage today it is probably cheaper to just leave it alone instead of having someone go to the trouble of deleting it. Do, however, update it to say "SOLD".

Charlie Stephens

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

But you can delete a post or a thread, so I would think you could delete a "for sale" ad...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  8. Post some naked pictures of your woman/women .... and no more worries. It will be deleted long before this thread is closed. Works every time. Good luck !!

9. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

I believe the moderators like to keep old ads up even when they are sold so that people searching can get an idea of the market - as in what an item sold for and after how much time. I for one found that helpful from time to time. You would lose that info obviously if the ads were deleted.

10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Makes sense but I was wondering the same thing , when I search for a part and it comes up 7 year old post.:(:eek:o_O

11. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

yeah, that was probably mine, and it's still for sale.

WTF really and Flathead Dave like this.
  12. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Just edit your ad and mark it “sold”

Suggest not to edit and delete your ad information because if there is a deal issue Moderators have nothing to refer to.

If you want your ad deleted, just notify a Moderator and we will soft delete it.

Thanks,

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  13. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Thanks for the info...